BillBelew.com
Introduction

Official Introduce Yourself Thread #42068

wraemsanders private msg quote post Address this user
Hi! I'm Wrae and I'm in Kentucky. I'm opening up a life coaching business for women in transitional periods in their lives.

When I'm not doing that...I'm a mom to three kids and probably reading a book.

My Twitter is @thinkingzebra82. Glad to be here!
Post 476 • IP   flag post
terryharrold57 private msg quote post Address this user
Hello everyone and thank you Bill for the invitation. My name is Terry Harrold, and bit about my past life is right our of high school I went to college like a good boy was supposed to do in 1975. Problem with college is once your away from home and in another state, you go sorta nuts and after my first semester I learned that your actually supposed to attend those pesky classes?

Joined the Marines in the second semester and served with them several tours until I was allowed to leave by President Reagan's military draw down. Joined the Local Sheriff Department then on up to the county seat's City PD. and trained by Ohio State Patrol Academy and graduated 2nd in class.

Long story short zip to 16 years of working heavy civil construction for a fortune 500 construction company as a DOT Compliance Manager. second career was to start a Photography business, joined PPA (Professional Photographers of America). Sunk a fortune into the equipment and opened my doors....nobody called or came? I had no knowledge or experience in Marketing...I self taught for 2 years until 2017. Realized my errors in my own business and learned Marketing.

I am just now opening my business and helping some of my former photography clients (Realtors & Restaurant Owners) to market their business locally and use Social Media as well.

I am an open book and a sponge for knowledge of what actually works and not hype.

Regards,
Terry
Post 477 • IP   flag post
Belew private msg quote post Address this user
@wraemsanders Glad you are here!

How did you get into the life-coaching biz?
Post 478 • IP   flag post
@terryharrold57

Great story ... sorta. 8-)

"Realized my errors in my own business and learned Marketing."

Curious to know - what were some of those errors AND what did you learn?

We love smart, experienced and learned people here. At least I do.
Post 479 • IP   flag post
SusanDay private msg quote post Address this user
@terryharrold57 That is a great stoey. You're in the right place to learn a lot.
Post 480 • IP   flag post

@wraemsanders Hi it's great to meet you. I admire any busy mom who takes on a business challenge. I look forward to learning more about you.
Post 481 • IP   flag post
jmolan private msg quote post Address this user
Hello and thank you for your forum. I'm building a website/blogspot. Photographer/writer/speaker. Writing two books. Alaska fisherman for life. Semi-retired (no winters in Bering Sea after 33 years) I give presentations on cruise ships in summer, about commercial fishing. If anyone has a question about marine things, I can help...:-)
As short video my daughter made of a book I am writing. Thanks!

Jack Molan Photography

Post 482 • IP   flag post
@jmolan

Yes, this is the place to start.
Post 483 • IP   flag post
Rev private msg quote post Address this user
@wraemsanders

Hi Wrae! Glad to meet you. Welcome to the forum.

The facebook link in your profile is not working. If you add http:// to the beginning of it the problem will be fixed.
Post 484 • IP   flag post
@jmolan

Hello and welcome!

I have never been to Alaska but it's on my list of much desired places to visit. The closest I've come is several years ago I built a website for a fellow named Laurent Dick, a photographer in Alaska who also does cruise ship presentations.

I am looking forward to stories and insights you will share. I may have a question or two about marine things, too.

Your daughter's video is spectacular!
Post 485 • IP   flag post
Thanks Rev, appreciate it. I do to see how to edit my post (to fix the URL)

Jack
Post 486 • IP   flag post
@jmolan

There is only a limited number of minutes you can go back and edit your post. I think you passed that a while ago. I got one of the moderators to fix it up for you. Is that what you wanted?
Post 487 • IP   flag post
@jmolan

I have done quite a bit of lecturing on cruise ships as well... and turned down too many opportunities that I wish I didn't have to.
Post 488 • IP   flag post
terryharrold57 private msg quote post Address this user
Thank you for the up votes and welcome, Bill I can only say that some of my learned lessons came from just getting myself out there and trying to drum up business. I was very naive in just blindly going after Photography work without a portfolio or a proof package.

That is a cold glass of water in your face, just because you have thousands of dollars in equipment, does not make you a professional photographer in demand. I sat back and audited myself, learned I needed to prove my worth to my clients and then show them the value in my work as opposed to a in my mind fairly cheap price structure.

People buy on value or at least a perceived value and if you can not produce that for them, then they may buy on price alone, but usually don't buy at all.

I am still learning everyday and as I meet with my local business owners I see more and more have an interest in what I do, and understand the need for what I do, but they are still throwing up the I am too busy or I can't afford you right now.

Frustrating
Post 489 • IP   flag post
Belew, thanks for fixing my link, appreciate it. I did three cruise ship trips last summer. It is a promotional/information thing to generate interest for the tour I worked on. http://alaskacrabtour.com
I elected to go full time on the cruise ships this summer. I want to grow my public speaking. All good, thanks again.

Jack
Post 490 • IP   flag post
@terryharrold57

I understand the frustration.

We will pay money for what we want. We juat need to figure out what our would be customers want ad sell them that.
Post 491 • IP   flag post
@jmolan

Do you go thru an agency.or do the ships hire you out directly?
Post 492 • IP   flag post
The cruise line contracts with the tour company, I work for the tour co. I spend half the presentation on how I got started etc. My career/photography, then go into the tour stuff. If it a 4 day gig, I might open it up again for Q&A
Post 493 • IP   flag post
JeraldOon private msg quote post Address this user
Hey everyone, My name is Jerald Oon and I live in singapore. I'm 18 this year and I am a passionate writer with a little musical talent sprinkled on top. I also founded my own content marketing site; Why? Because chasing dreams early gives me a headstart !
Post 494 • IP   flag post
lmeisels private msg quote post Address this user
Hi all, my name is Lisa. I work with holistic practitioners, health coaches and healers to help them boost their online visibility by clarifying their unique message and becoming truly seen so they get noticed by their tribe. I call it unleashing your mojo when you can show the real, raw you. My company is Femanna- the name comes from combining "female" with "manna".
Femanna is the powerful divine essence females have within. This has been my journey as a professional in the corporate world working as a registered dietitian nutritionist and then coming online and trying to build a business. I had to dig deep to find out what was blocking my success and how to bring all my skills and confidence I had at work to my online business. I'm here to connect with other people, learn all I can about business and marketing and offer my wisdom and knowledge when I can. Glad to be here! www.Femanna.com
Post 495 • IP   flag post
Steve private msg quote post Address this user
@JeraldOon welcome... would love to hear your stories regarding your content marketing site...?

@lmeisels Welcome to the forum, really mice to have you here...
Post 496 • IP   flag post
JeraldOon private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve
@JeraldOon welcome... would love to hear your stories regarding your content marketing site...?

Hey Steve, Glad you'd like to know more about what we do. My team and I mainly do content writing for ad units; both online and traditional. As well as copywriting services for sales pieces.

On top of that we also do blog and article writing for our clients depending on what they want. Anything from keywords to specially targeting a specific demographic, we do it all.
Post 497 • IP   flag post
@JeraldOon

Fill out your profile so you can be found and recognized.
Post 498 • IP   flag post
briimcc01 private msg quote post Address this user
Hello everyone,

I'm Brianna. I recently graduated from college in New Orleans and relocated to the Orlando area. I'm currently still on the job hunt, but I am in the communications field--public relations, advertising, events, social media and so on. I plan on joining the Orlando chapters of PRSA and AAF as well. I'm always looking to network and make connections.

Thanks for having me on this forum! (I found it via Meetup.)
Post 499 • IP   flag post
@jmolan Wow, that's some video - and don't you have the best job in the world!
Post 500 • IP   flag post
26802 500 25
destitute