BillBelew.com
AdSenseAdWordsauthorsbook marketingFree Book

Western Film Historian2372

Silverscreen59 private msg quote post Address this user
I am AZ's Official Western Film Historian, but that doesn't hold me to Arizona. I am the moderator for many western film festivals each year, as well as performing shows on the western films and the stars through stories, little known facts and songs from the singing cowboys.
Post 1 • IP   flag post
RogerBruner private msg quote post Address this user
Hey there! :-) You wouldn't happen to know Frank Thompson, would you? He's a huge western film fan and has done a lot of writing about it and even done at least one documentary. His specialty, if that's fair to say, is the Alamo. I know: wrong state for you. *G*
Post 2 • IP   flag post
Howdy, Roger.

I can't say that I know Frank. The Alamo is an interesting subject. I actually do a lot of work in Texas and the surrounding area, but it's all in the upper region, Dallas.

Charlie
Post 3 • IP   flag post
RogerBruner private msg quote post Address this user
Too bad, Charlie. You two would have a LOT to talk about. Incidentally, I didn't realize till a minute ago that Frank had written the novelization of The Alamo movie, which he also played a very tiny bit part in. (Also the novelization of The Nightmare before Christmas, which, alas, is not a western. *LOL*)
Post 4 • IP   flag post
Rev private msg quote post Address this user
@Silverscreen59

Glad to see you in the forum. As someone who has lived in the "old west" (Kansas) for the last 16 years and who watched Gunsmoke as a kid, I have a natural affinity to the subject.

I live in a small city where the two great east-west railways come to within less than a mile of each other and was, at one point, the rail head and terminus for the cattle herds moving up from the south.

Cowboys and gunfights were common place. Great names like James, Dillon, Masterson, Cassidy, Erp, Yonger, Anderson, and so many known as "Kid", got their start, or passed through, the central plains in Kansas.

So many great stories here. Looking forward to some of yours.
Post 5 • IP   flag post
Howdy, Rev.

I have interviewed many of the stars of Gunsmoke and have become very good friends with a couple, Buck Taylor & head writer Paul Savage (now deceased). They shared some very fascinating and eye opening stories about the cast and show itself.
Post 6 • IP   flag post
26028 6 6
destitute