BillBelew.com
authorsbook marketingFeedback

How to make book Publishing profitable2380

Happytweeting private msg quote post Address this user
Hi, I am a new author of my first book. And I find it much easier to introduce other authors and their books than my own. And I am hoping to learn how to make my book publishing more effective.
Thank you.
Post 1 • IP   flag post
numoquest private msg quote post Address this user
I find it a thrill to read 'Teasers' of films and books and find out if film or book is of my liking or not. On the other hand I have understand, from 'like thinkers', author and movie maker are able to adjust their commercial endeavor into the word of their 'product'.

Though I am far from commerce, I recognize such approach and formula to my taste. Perhaps this could help?

Ciao,

RC
Post 2 • IP   flag post
KathrynLang private msg quote post Address this user
@happytweeting - writing the book is probably the easiest part of the journey (which is saying a LOT because writing is hard work).

First - I think it's important that you have a business plan for your publishing. This will help you hone in on what you want, what you expect, and what you are positioned to invest. Include SMART goals and a SWOT analysis.

Second - most people in the industry suggest that you need at least five books within a single genre/niche to build a living wage from the income (of course this will have a lot to do with what you consider a living wage).

Finally - always go with the two most important elements of marketing. 1. Create lasting connections with people (build and invest in your platform); 2. Focus on being relentlessly helpful.

Although it is not anywhere near everything, it is a solid foundation for growing up your writing success.
Post 3 • IP   flag post
Winsome1 private msg quote post Address this user
@happytweeting Welcome! Platform building is the hardest part. The sooner you begin, the better chance you have to make money from your book. If you want to learn more, check out our Facebook group for writers. https://www.facebook.com/groups/888250627917216/

Juliet
Post 4 • IP   flag post
Thank you Numoquest, KathrynLang and Winsome1 for your valuable information on building platform first, I completely agree.
Right now I am trying to complete my author website maybe you have some extra things to add to make it special. Thank you.
Post 5 • IP   flag post
KathrynLang private msg quote post Address this user
@happytweeting - I highly recommend you make your brand obvious when it comes to building your author site. People usually want to learn about you and not just see your books for sale.

Make it personable - so have information about you and your writing journey in your about page.
Post 6 • IP   flag post
A very precious advise! Thank you.
Post 7 • IP   flag post
tienny private msg quote post Address this user
@KathrynLang How can I improve my site on this? My site can be viewed at http://Tienny.com.
Post 8 • IP   flag post
SusanDay private msg quote post Address this user
@Happytweeting Hi, it's great to meet you.

@KathrynLang has hit the nail on the head in the above post. I am an author of 16 books and marketing them is so much more difficult that writing them.

Any groups which can help you, as @Winsome1 suggests are great.

One of the things that has kept me going for seven years now is learning how to blog to my audience, and building great sales funnels on my website.
Post 9 • IP   flag post
25045 9 9
destitute