BillBelew.com
Belew SpeaksBloggingContent MarketingInspirationIntroductionMotivation

PLEASE READ: Why I Created This Forum1017

Forum Owner Belew private msg quote post Address this user
Hi, I am Bill Belew, 62 years old. I started out online in my early 50s..

I created this forum for those on the better side of 50. All are welcome.

There are no-nonsense answers here to your real and sometimes hard questions about:

where to start
what works
what doesn't work online
what next

@SusanDay - Susan started from zero a couple of years ago and is now an in demand content provider. Really ... ask the Australian government which has commissioned her to write for them. Top notch, generous and eager to make a difference in your life.

@Sunil knows how to build tribes. He has more than 25 groups with an average membership of 1000+ members. Remarkable! And he teaches how.

@Juliet knows how to build author platforms that sell books. She teaches how.

@Rev, 65, brings a lifetime of business and online presence. He teaches how to get it right the first time.

And, and, and, ... the content grows for people just like you.

2,100+ threads,
22,000+ posts
2800+ members
4000+ visitors monthly
200 NEW members monthly
80+ countries represented

Student or teacher?
Choose an option that is right for you to enter a private room where you can:

go more deeply
ask hard questions
get real answers
get/give discounts
offer detailed advice
do real business with others
No fluff

*Oh, we are still building this out, so please expect bugs. When everything is ironed out ... the price will go up.*

Option 1 (Student) <= Click to learn why.

{Let me invest in learning what it takes to be successful online}

Option 2 (Teacher) <= Click to learn why

{Let me invest in showing others what I have done, not just in telling them how}

Do it now. You know you want to.
Post 1 • IP   flag post
Member tienny private msg quote post Address this user
@Belew That's great.
Post 2 • IP   flag post
Member bdaoust private msg quote post Address this user
Thanks for the invite to this forum. I am looking forward in learning more about marketing!
Post 3 • IP   flag post
Very glad to have you here @bdaoust .

Please don't be shy.

Take a moment to introduce yourself <= Click

If you have an online presence please let us know where we can find you.

If you have questions, be sure to ask.

If you have answers ... I am eager to learn, too!

Welcome.
Post 4 • IP   flag post
Hi, I am Dr. Bette Daoust a best-selling author, speaker and consultant to small business. I work with authors, speakers, and others to support them in their marketing efforts. I am a part of the founding group at http://AuthorsSuccessGuild.com (launching within 10 days) and also http://PowerfulPublishingTips.com (in beta launch right now). The latter is a new site that provides inexpensive ideas for authors or others when it comes to doing simple things when it comes to getting a book noticed. I am here because I always learn new ways to get things done and new ways to support my audience. I am on Twitter @DrBette and join Facebook: http://Facebook.com/DrBetteDaoust (plus many other fan pages).

As mentioned in one of the videos, the need to drive traffic to my new sites (and blogs) is crucial and I stillhave a lot to take in and put into action.

I am excited to be on the learning curve and trying new ways to attract my audience.
Post 5 • IP   flag post
@bdaoust

Thanks for this good intro.

You are in the right place to learn how to push and pull traffic to your sites.

There's benefit to both tactics and perhaps mixing them up a bit.

There are a lot of authors here as well who I am sure could benefit from your expertise.

I hope the connection is made.

What steps are you taking, have you taken already to bring attention to your new sites?
Post 6 • IP   flag post
Hi Dr. Bette, welcome to the group
Post 7 • IP   flag post
Attention for my sites has been Facebook and LinkedIn for Authors Success Guild - also a dribbling of blog articles. My FB fan page has over 5000 Likes and my group has 967 members. Neither of these have lead to gathering members at this point in time. We are planning a "launch" using a Freebie, and inexpensive item, and an item that is a little pricier yet still under $30. This should be underway shortly. I have 3 other partners in this site and the launch is not in my hands other than creating the content.

For Powerful Publishing Tips - it is a free membership and currently we have not brought attention to the site. Blog articles are written and soon to be scheduled - this is totally controlled by me, so the work all rests on my own shoulders.

So learning is definitely part of my daily routine and thanks to some of the videos I have already watched, my plan is formulating.
Post 8 • IP   flag post
@bdaoust

Keep us/me posted here. I am interested.
Post 9 • IP   flag post
Looks like I will be doing some guest writing for a site that is much bigger than I am.

Topic... how to create a community like we have here. Hmmm....
Post 10 • IP   flag post
@Belew congrats! It could lead to a bigger forum here!
Post 11 • IP   flag post
@bdaoust

Yes... that is what I hope. Not only bigger, but better, more robust ... more useful to everyone involved.

More to come.
Post 12 • IP   flag post
Member cm_hazelwood private msg quote post Address this user
@Belew I appreciate your mentorship, if that is a word. I just watched your video. It's encouraging.

Yes, I do want attention to my writing, in an appropriate venue. So yes, marketing is important to me in that aspect. It is also important to me when I work for another, to give them the best exposure.

Glad for the Clara-fication (pun intended).
Post 13 • IP   flag post
Member sabrina6love9 private msg quote post Address this user
I'm very interested in learning more on different ways to market my poetry
Post 14 • IP   flag post
@cm_hazelwood

I aim to please.

Though I don't know which of the videos you watched.

Thanks for the kind words.
Post 15 • IP   flag post
@sabrina6love9

I just visited your site.

There are a few things you could do right off the bat to get more visitors to your site ... in time.

Your titles ... none of them are searchable. I get it ...they are the titles of the poems. And that is fine if you have a large group of people waiting for you to hit publish. If not, a sensitivity to what people might drop in to a search engine box is called for.

There are no images. Images are searchable and pleasing to the reader when they arrive. You can caption images and tag them and they help your poems get found.

Your poems are too short for search.

How about adding a bit of description - your muse, how you came to write this or that poem. Then put in the poem. You will get more exposure that way as well.

Keep in mind that my thing is organic growth. There are other ways to get attention to your poetry ... but they require more effort and time.

Does this make sense?
Post 16 • IP   flag post
Member sabrina6love9 private msg quote post Address this user
@belew yes it does thank you very much for the advice. I will work on that.
Post 17 • IP   flag post
Member cm_hazelwood private msg quote post Address this user
@Belew The video is "A Penny a Page."
You're welcome.
Post 18 • IP   flag post
Member Andy_Mura private msg quote post Address this user
Great video!
I'm extremely glad that we connected through Twitter...otherwise I may have not been able to find this great forum/community!
Post 19 • IP   flag post
@Andy_Mura

Very kind words, Andy! Thanks for jumping right in.

I look forward to getting to know you better.
Post 20 • IP   flag post
Member Andy_Mura private msg quote post Address this user
Me too! Can't wait to explore and access all the valuable resources that you and the members of this community made available.
Post 21 • IP   flag post
I am in trouble here.

What do you do when there is too much information and it's all over the place?

What I need is an app ... a person would do just fine as well ... who can comb through the forum and help me organize it.

I don't even know where to start. help!

Post 22 • IP   flag post
@belew You are not alone. Now I'm also going through similar situations as you. I'm going through too much information and ideas that are all over the place.
Post 23 • IP   flag post
This conversation I had with Eric on how to grow a site from 0 to 100,000 page views in 9 months is another reason why I created this forum.

Can you really get to 100K visitors per month in less than a year?

That thread will answer the question + give you some additional questions you need to ask yourself.
Post 24 • IP   flag post
Curious to know.... if your were going to create a forum, what would it be about?
Post 25 • IP   flag post
My forum would likely be finding out the hard questions people want answered around marketing their books...
Post 26 • IP   flag post
@bdaoust @bdaoust

Have you considered creating a forum? What's keeping you back?
Post 27 • IP   flag post
@Belew

I created one last week in WordPress, just figuring out the details.
Post 28 • IP   flag post
@bdaoust

Keep us/me posted. I am interested.
Post 29 • IP   flag post
When you do something hard...and are able to measure somewhat it's effectiveness and keep track of how you did it...eventually someone/s will ask, "How'd you do that?"

Yup. Folks are asking, "How'd you get this forum going?"

Getting it going is not as difficult as keeping it going. That's why I need you. Thanks for participating. Thanks for your contributions. Thanks for questions. Thanks for sharing your answers.

Thanks.
Post 30 • IP   flag post
29378 73 30
destitute