BillBelew.com
AnalyticsBlogging

Google Analytics? Different Views1024

ActiveWits private msg quote post Address this user
Several days ago, I looked at my Google Analytics stats. It showed me that 1 person came to my site thru let's say www.randompage.com. It then showed that this person spent 1hr looking through 31 pages. I then viewed the data by city. I couldn't find any user in the city view with the same stats. Wouldn't it make sense to find someone in city view who spent an hour on my site who looked at 31 pages? I'm still new to Google Analytics BTW
Post 1 • IP   flag post
Belew private msg quote post Address this user
@ActiveWits

Do you mind sharing the source of this person?

Oftentimes a spam bot will come to your site ... and for the first time they will spend a very long time there.

I don't know and do hope that's not the case.

What can they do on your site for 1 hour and half? Do you have a lot to read, videos to watch?
Post 2 • IP   flag post
ActiveWits private msg quote post Address this user
I left a comment at another blog:
http://www.lostgenygirl.com/

I haven't seen anyone else come on my site and spend that much time since then. What harm can the spambot do, Bill?
Post 3 • IP   flag post
@ActiveWits

Spambots won't hurt your site.

Their numbers will skew your results. It'll look like you are getting a lot of visits when you're not.

If, however, you go to see ... my-buttons-click or whatever they are calling themselves to see for yourself, and you are not blocking cookies, those sites will install cookies on your site and collect a share if/when you go shopping.

Semalt is one example.

They are really growing in numbers.
Post 4 • IP   flag post
Steve private msg quote post Address this user
Here is a link you might find useful

http://www.optimizesmart.com/geek-guide-removing-referrer-spam-google-analytics/
Post 5 • IP   flag post
labellecleo private msg quote post Address this user
I also have the same problem I think. Plus I get comments from spam too. Any solutions to prevent postings from spammers?
Post 6 • IP   flag post
PatS private msg quote post Address this user
I'm continuing to have this problem too. Where do you block cookies? In Google Analytics or on the computer settings or the browser preferences? Thanks.
Post 7 • IP   flag post
Jonnner private msg quote post Address this user
@Steve
Thank you for the link. Very useful.
Post 8 • IP   flag post
@PatS

in the browser preferences.

The link @Steve provided is a great resource. A bit hard to digest perhaps but all the info you need is there.
Post 9 • IP   flag post
24995 9 9
destitute