BillBelew.com
Content MarketingInspirationPublic Speaking

Consider Yourself an Extrovert vs Introvert?1025

jycmba private msg quote post Address this user
Just curious what you consider yourself..

For most of my life I've thought of myself as an Introvert .. yet, friends have called me Extroverted because I'm often "outgoing.."

And that's a common mistake - here's another great TED talk explaining the real difference..

Thought this was an interesting article on why introverts have a hard time speaking.. yet notice how they say that introverts communicate more easily by writing..
Post 1 • IP   flag post
Belew private msg quote post Address this user
I have been 'diagnosed' as an introvert ever since I first took the Myers - Briggs test 25 or more years ago.

I may be wrong but I don't think introverts have a specially hard time speaking. I think people who have a hard time speaking have a hard time.

I know apparent extroverts who have no hard time speaking but have plenty of trouble having something of substance to say.

for me...the real test of being a good speaker or not is whether or not you have something burning inside that you really have to, want to share.

Introverts and extroverts alike have no problem telling others about something their kid excelled at, their new found faith, their recently first run marathon, the latest high impact movie they saw.

If something inside is begging loud enough to get out the introvert also will find a way.

Don't ask yourself or blame yourself for your personality type. Rather find that message you have about that mission you live for and you'll discover a way to talk about it.
Post 2 • IP   flag post
rcayeras private msg quote post Address this user
I was surprised to find out there are (at least) 2 versions of an introvert - outspoken and hardly speaks at all. I once worked with a very outspoken person and every personality test that person took pointed out "introvert".
Post 3 • IP   flag post
crishtia private msg quote post Address this user
That was a great speech, I have learned a lot of knowledge for themselves.
Post 4 • IP   flag post
Besides the introvert part itself - my biggest takeaway remains that there are many misconceptions.

Unless we step back and take a look, these can spread and next thing you know become "popular wisdom."

A couple of friends started a site Snopes (talk about great content marketing case study) to dispel both common and the ever growing Pandora's box of internet myths..
Post 5 • IP   flag post
@jycmba

I think introvert in me doesn't really care what people do or think. People will do what they will do.

I just plan to go on about my business.
Post 6 • IP   flag post
@jycmba

you know the guys who started Snopes?

I don't know anybody famous. 8-(
Post 7 • IP   flag post
@Belew - y, I even know the guy who started one of the best forums for content marketers!
Post 8 • IP   flag post
@jycmba

But is he an introvert or an extrovert?
Post 9 • IP   flag post
tienny private msg quote post Address this user
@belew Even I am an introvert who just do my own business hoping to land a full time job.
Post 10 • IP   flag post
27628 10 10
destitute