BillBelew.com
AnalyticsBrainstormingInspirationProductivity

How much do you rely on psychology to do ...1063

Belew private msg quote post Address this user
How much do you rely on psychology to do your job?

Do we really need to think our strategy through to get best results? By that I mean, do we need to get into the heads of our readers and would be clients?

Am I naive to think that I can just go about my business and people will find me if they want to ... or not?

Is psychology a 'game' that must be played, a necessary evil, or an insightful strategy to tap in to?
Post 1 • IP   flag post
nicosuccess private msg quote post Address this user
After going through Influence (by Dr Cialdini) I started realizing how mlbig a role psychology plays in business.

Its still something I'm new to, but learning as I go along.
Post 2 • IP   flag post
@nicosuccess

Any immediate or first lessons you are applying?
Post 3 • IP   flag post
@Belew
"Become an authority" - My goal in the space I am in at the moment. Its not short term, but will be worth it
Post 4 • IP   flag post
@nicosuccess

That's a great 1st step.

What's your strategy for establishing yourself as am authority?

If you don't mind me asking?
Post 5 • IP   flag post
@Belew
I devour all the information I can get my hands on then try it out practically.

I share as much of learnings as possible and in the process learn even more. I always get some interesting questions that I need to research

Then I start helping smaller clients who are usually thrilled with the service and then offer me a testimonial.

Its a long term strategy, but I'm not in a hurry
Post 6 • IP   flag post
@nicosuccess

It's a great strategy.

Important I think is to continue to put what you learn online n your soace...good and bad, pass and fail, success or otherwise.

There's a lot if respect earned by those who are transparent and share generously.

Thanks for being here and for sharing thus far.
Post 7 • IP   flag post
Rev private msg quote post Address this user
When I first went to university I split my major -- theater arts (drama, film) because I thought tha was what I wanted to do when I grew up, and psychology because I was looking for answers. As it turns out, there were no answers and theater arts is mostly what I do when I'm not applying psychology.

@Belew, I do believe I've seen a smidgeon of psychology in most everything you post here in the forum. You may not overtly play the game, but you do play it very well.

As is @nicosuccess's goal, you have quite obviously become an authority. One need not play when one's innate action is to do.
Post 8 • IP   flag post
tienny private msg quote post Address this user
I don't know whether I'm relying on psychology. I just post my artworks and now writings. I'm happy with the connection from other bloggers.
Post 9 • IP   flag post
lunar_ranger private msg quote post Address this user
If you work with or for people you need to understand the underlying psychology of human...everything.
Post 10 • IP   flag post
@lunar_ranger

Is it psychology to NOT use psychology?

In other words... I try quite diligently to NOT overthink.

Just WYSIWYG ... Is that a psychological approach?
Post 11 • IP   flag post
Your audience determines your approach. Whenever there is a human exchange there is always a balance sheet of human needs, motivations, and consumption. A lot of people that overthink their approach are overthinking their own logic and not that of their intended.
Post 12 • IP   flag post
Not to be contrarian or argumentative ...

But how about your approach determining your audience?

Or is it too much thinking to think that I will determine who my audience is by how I approach things?

Ouch! I hurt something. This is why I don't overthink things.
Post 13 • IP   flag post
The way I would simplify this is to give people (base in part by experience and conscientious testing)something that they will value and share with others.
Post 14 • IP   flag post
Thomas Edison's first invention was an electronic voting machine for a group of city officials.

But nobody would use it. Everybody wanted to know how the other would vote BEFORE they would commit.

Edison resolved to NEVER invent something unless he KNEW it was going to be used.

It does pay to know you audience before you try to deliver what they want, eh?
Post 15 • IP   flag post
26121 15 15
destitute