BillBelew.com
BloggingBusiness AdviceContent CreationContent Marketing

Should Startup Invest in Content Marketing1066

Member tienny private msg quote post Address this user
What do you all of this http://www.wamda.com/2015/07/should-startup-invest-content-marketing website? Why does it seems to negate Bill's advise in blogging? Seems that different experts have different opinions.
Post 1 • IP   flag post
Teacher Rev private msg quote post Address this user
@tienny

To answer your thread-title question, and in my opinion, EVERY business that expects to operate in any manner, however small, should have their own domain, their own website, and invest intentionally in content marketing. For me, that's a given.

As to your initial post question, I am curious as to exactly where you feel the reference document "seems to negate Bill's advise (sic) in blogging".

Would you extend your thoughts on that?
Post 2 • IP   flag post
Forum Owner Belew private msg quote post Address this user
@tienny

I am curious to know as well?
Post 3 • IP   flag post
It's in the part
"Set a content schedule you can manage:
Don’t listen to anyone who says you have to publish β€œX” amount of content for it to be effective. Just commit to producing what makes sense for your budget and resources; anything is better than nothing". "
Post 4 • IP   flag post
@tienny

If you don't care about results. It doesn't matter at what pace you write.

The wisdom that 'anything is better than nothing' is not true.

Sometimes the effort to produce just anything no matter how small can in the end be wasted effort. Your time might have been better spent doing something else.

If you are going to do something, do it well, do it right or don't do it at all makes sense, too.

Do you agree or disagree?
Post 5 • IP   flag post
@tienny

Have you figured out how to implement your content marketing strategy?

As a children's book animator there are a lot of eyes on you.

in the end people will not only be interested in your books but Wil also want to know how you got ppl to be interested in your books.

you will have an audience coming to you for two reasons.

the sooner you start the better.
Post 6 • IP   flag post
@belew I care about the results. Currently, I am looking for teamwork. I agree to do it well. I have done the marketing strategy from the course I attended. But I wonder how to do the content marketing strategy. I have started doing it. Almost completed. I feel disappointed that it looks more manga-type rather than children's book. So I pause it.

I fork out my savings to attend a media academy in Singapore. Thank God and thankful for the Singapore government to give 90% subsidy. So I just pay for around SGD300 in order to give the voice actors and actresses clear directions. Since I want to produce an excellent work, it cost minimally $10,000. I have the intention to fork out my savings and the other half through Crowdfunding. Because I thank God that the leaders' summit conference speaks the need of Crowdfunding before you are broke.

I have no choice. I have been going for interview to get full time job. But I never expect to screw it for having a hard time talking about myself. All I think is the animation I want to do.

Huh? I never expect to have eyes on me. πŸ‘€
Post 7 • IP   flag post
@tienny

All eyes on you. Please let me know how/when/if I can help in any way.
Post 8 • IP   flag post
I need help in the social media 😒 because I need my focus point.
Post 9 • IP   flag post
@tienny

Help is always available.

You need to either spend time, or money or a little of both.

Which can you do?
Post 10 • IP   flag post
@Belew Good question. Normally, what is the minimal cost of hiring social media?
Post 11 • IP   flag post
@tienny

You can hire someone from $500/month and up.
Post 12 • IP   flag post
Member lunar_ranger private msg quote post Address this user
@tienny I would be very happy to help you -for as much as you can comfortably afford, when/if you can afford it. I see it as a great way to continue developing my experience and exposure to social and a nice way to pay some "karmic" debts.
Post 13 • IP   flag post
@Belew Normally, what do the package includes?

@lunar_ranger In what way?
Post 14 • IP   flag post
Teacher Rev private msg quote post Address this user
@tienny

I think it is safe to say there is no "normal" in this market. Practitioners range from beginners learning as they go, through those who have enough experience that some get it right and some don't, all the way to gurus who may be more about preaching and flaunting their favorite over-priced affiliate product. There may, or may not, be a solution in there somewhere for you.

You said, "I need help in the social media because I need my focus point." I suspect that is backwards. I would suggest you need your focus point first and then you can seek appropriate help with social media.

Additionally, looking at one thing at a time -- like social media -- is not the best plan. It is, I think, no plan at all. You need to understand what you want, what you have, and what you don't have. Start with where you are right now, then where you really want to be; your ultimate goal. Set yourself a reasonable time frame, break it into manageable chunks, and create a detailed plan including what you need to do, how you will do it, and who's help you will need, to get there.

Sometimes, where ever we are right now has to become our new beginning point. We need to start fresh and start going. In order to do this we need to truly understand where we actually are -- in total -- right now.

It can seem overwhelming, but from what I have heard you asking over the past weeks I would say you don't have a plan -- not a real plan -- and you don't really know where you are, what you are aiming for, or how you expect to get there.

It is often the doubt born of not knowing these things that leads to the overwhelm. Nothing seems to come together because you are busy chasing the next shiny object or addressing the next urgent problem.

You need to take the time, spend the time, with someone who can help you look at, bring into focus, the whole picture and then break it into its component parts so you can see which are working, which need a little adjustment, and which need a complete overhaul.

You sound serious about what you want to do. And I think you are serious about wanting to do it. It sounds to me like you have already spent a lot of money on theory which may not be what you needed. And it sounds like you may not have the money you will need to hire it done in a more practical way.

You need to find a qualified person who is willing to work with you and then you need to commit the time to make it happen -- not just an email or a forum post when you can fit it in. You are going to need to treat it like school, or a job, with a time allotment, a schedule, and a commitment to set other things aside and be there for the process.

Do you think you are up to it?
Post 15 • IP   flag post
May the Lord prepares me. I already have the plan. I had spent more than SGD4K. I thank God and thankful for the Singapore government 90% subsidy for the course. I take the course to do my business plan.

The business vision is Making the world a better place by upholding moral values and the mission is To empower parents to inculcate sound timeless moral values in their children through values.

The intention is to provide job opportunities for the mothers (stay at home, single and widowed) to be able to bring their children to work. Someone came to fill in the blanks - autistic.

My grandmother is a widow. When I was young, I often observe many widows are having a hard time to get jobs and raise their children single handedly. Many questions are running in my head. Why do women don't think far after marriage? Must a problem occur then find the solution? Why can't take any prevention measure first?

In my previous full time job, a colleague is an autistic. Last year, I just know he is an autistic. His dad (my boss) doesn't understand him. He treats people well. He needs many motivations to get excited in his assigned job. Many colleagues feel he is incompetent in his job. When I begin to understand him, he understands computing very well. His weaknesses are so clear to him and he can't see his own strengths. That causes people to lose confidence in him.

Recently, I need help and he lent his help to meet the one who fills in the blank. Surprisingly, he is so motivated to do the graphic for the letterhead and the logo stamp.

Surprisingly, a senior citizen lady gets excited with my business idea. After hearing my vision and mission, she explains that it is a social enterprise. Unexpectedly, she joins to be a co-founder, helps me to clear my mess and edit my business writing to make it better and clearer. She is an ex-banker who worked in many banks before assisting the presidents. We have the same value yet different personality. Thank God that a few times I can explain clearly. At times, I stutter. Oh, even I'm struggling to understand things and slow in my response. Because I'm trying to find the right words to express. On Thursday, she accompanied me to a place for interview for a space for startups. After the interview, misunderstanding occurred between us. She flared up on my slowness. It hurts her. It hurts me so much.

The next strange events occur. My recent article From Assume to Presume then Misunderstanding surprised me. The lady questioned me, "Did you write this?" In her email, google sent it to her inbox. Of course I write it so I reply, "yes? Why?" She spoke that my article didn't sound like me.

These keep me wondering and attempting to manage my time.
Post 16 • IP   flag post
@tienny

What @Rev said.

There are two ways to go about this.

1. I need this (whatever this is) ... how much will it cost me? Then pare it down as needed.

2. I have this much money, what can you do for me on that budget?

I suggest you go with number 2.
Post 17 • IP   flag post
@Belew Thanks
Post 18 • IP   flag post
28295 18 18
destitute