BillBelew.com
BloggingContent CreationMobileSocial MediaTeaching

Writer, editor, publisher, journalist ...1070

Jamie private msg quote post Address this user
Greetings,

I am veteran newspaper reporter and editor and I've been a freelance writer for 30 years.

I primarily write about sports, travel and automobiles. I write a lot about golf and professional cycling.

Since 2004, I have edited and publisher, www.theweeklydriver.com. It's an independent car review web site. I review a new car each week and the site also publishes automotive news.

As a freelancer, I contribute to newspapers, news services, magazines and websites.

I am the co-author of the book "Tour de France For Dummies." My contributions were based on more than 30 years of covering cycling, including attending the Tour de France start to finish 13 times and writing about it for many print and online publications.

I have also written often about the business of freelance writing, and I have been a journalism instructor for the extended learning programs at the University of Wisconsin-Madison and University of California-Davis.
Post 1 • IP   flag post
Belew private msg quote post Address this user
@Jamie

I know this guy!!! Great to have you here, um, @Jamie .

what you didn't tell everyone is about your deep expertise with the Tour de France and your teaching exploits.

Great to have you, a man of such deep and rich experience, here in the forum.

Welcome!
Post 2 • IP   flag post
jycmba private msg quote post Address this user
Welcome @Jamie - my host family got me hooked on Tour de France years ago. I'd be curious in your stories on what it was like covering these events.
Post 3 • IP   flag post
nicosuccess private msg quote post Address this user
Welcome @Jamie

My favorite Tour de France moment EVER - Marco Pantani vs Jan Ullrich on Alpe d'huez. Cannot quite remember what year. I think it was 2002 or there about.
Post 4 • IP   flag post
@nicosuccess

What happened?
Post 5 • IP   flag post
Jamie private msg quote post Address this user
My favorite moment is Lance Armstrong's ride across the hayfield. Of course, the significance of that epic day has since been altered by his confession of doping.
Post 6 • IP   flag post
nicosuccess private msg quote post Address this user
@belew

That year the famous climb was at the end if a gruelling stage. Pantani amd Ullrich had a one on one race to the top. Pantani mostly out of his seat and the strong German almost never standing up .. just powering those massive legs.

Its good to note that Pantani weighed under 60 kg

After what felt like ages af battle Pantani took the win on the day. Pantani was my favorite, but after that day i also became a massive Ullrich fan

No matter what the circumstances are in cycling, i still believe what these guys do are not human. Respect!
Post 7 • IP   flag post
morrnel private msg quote post Address this user
Greetings @Jamie.
Post 8 • IP   flag post
@Jamie,

When is your next trip?
Post 9 • IP   flag post
27629 9 9
destitute