Is what you say and what you do different?1103

Teacher Rev private msg quote post Address this user
@Belew

"Uh, no."

Exactly!
Post 26 • IP   flag post
Forum Owner Belew private msg quote post Address this user
@Rev

"Pretend" to be a customer to the guy who did a bad job. Get his form...say 'never mind.'
Post 27 • IP   flag post
Top Contributor Steve private msg quote post Address this user
@Rev here is the form I use...

https://website-designs.com/online-growth-worksheet/
Post 28 • IP   flag post
Member Davia private msg quote post Address this user
@steve great form! It may be lengthy but I wished I had been asked all that info from the get go!

People who are serious about their business and growing it will not complain about filling out a form. They should realize that that is experience talking. A newbie would not be as "put" together as an experienced person.
Post 29 • IP   flag post
@Davia @Steve doesn't do junk. 8-)
Post 30 • IP   flag post

Member Davia private msg quote post Address this user
@Belew doesnot look like you do either! So glad to have met you guys!
Post 31 • IP   flag post
@Steve

Awesome form. Thank you. Is your FormCraft plugin the free or premium version?
Post 32 • IP   flag post
Top Contributor Steve private msg quote post Address this user
Premium... if you have it I can export the form and send it to you ...
Post 33 • IP   flag post
Member jycmba private msg quote post Address this user
@Rev - Google forms are nice.

Here's another online form that works really well -
http://www.jotform.com/

Very intuitive UI and easy to adapt..
Post 34 • IP   flag post
@Rev, @Steve, @jycmba ... the things you guys come up with.

Where were you when I needed you 20 years ago?
Post 35 • IP   flag post
@Belew

"Where were you when I needed you 20 years ago?"

...building custom websites and wishing we had something like WordPress!

In fact, just previous (by months) of WordPress becoming a viable resource for more than just blogging, I had developed a website package for a client that he sold to online artists. It was a great package with a CMS database and an easy configuration matrix. My client, who knew little about website design or installation, was easily able to sell and deploy websites to artist clients in his region. About a year later we began deploying WordPress instead and all previously installed "artist websites" are now converted to WordPress.

While my design was interesting and served its purpose well, WordPress is just so much better!
Post 36 • IP   flag post
@Steve

I am grabbing the plugin and installing it tonight. I would sincerely appreciate the export. Thanks! thewiz@ourhutch.com

@jcymba

I've used several different websites including two I really like, Gravity Forms, and Contact Form 7. I had not seen FormCraft before and I'm going to poke at it a little. I'll also have a look at JotForm. Thanks.
Post 37 • IP   flag post
@Rev

20 years wasn't long ago enough. I didn't realize just old I have gotten.
Post 38 • IP   flag post
Member tienny private msg quote post Address this user
Good form.
Post 39 • IP   flag post
@Belew

My first exposure to a real computer was programming in ForTran as a guest on the mainframe at Waterloo University. That would have been about 1970. Is that long enough ago for you?

It wasn't until nearly 10 years later that I got my first commercial computer gig doing database programming for Heart Lake Distributors. I wasn't really interested in computers but a consulting job a year early put me in the neighborhood and I knew as much about the subject as anyone else who was handy. The offer was too good to turn down so I caught a quick night class session on BASIC programming and bought the best 2 books I could find on the subject.

A couple of years after that I got involved as a Supervisor with Motorola Information Systems Group where I took on computer security for Motorola's Canadian Industrial Tempest Program (CITP) "TEMPEST" responsibility, which required me to hold security clearance to NATO Secret.

After that I became Director of Information Security for DataProtek Corporation (Toronto and Bocca Raton) - involved in developing private applications for TEMPEST technology.

And then it was on to Vice President, Information Services, at Madawaska Manufacturing (Bolton and Bancroft, Ontario), solving their computer networking woes.

A head hunter wanted me to take on a job with another corporation which lead me to take an immersion class series on IBM's mainframe security product RACF. The job fell through and I started freelancing with TCPIP networking and the beginnings of the Internet (ARPAnet and NSFnet).

In 1989 I started my Bulletin Board System (BBS) and shortly thereafter got involved in regular Internet stuff. By late 1994 I was coding the first website for the Royal Bank of Canada. In 1996 I was a founder and managing partner in WebNet Corporation, operating Headwaters Network. Here's what the WayBack Machine shows:

Headwaters Network Website Circa 1996

My personal site at the time looked something like this ::giggle::

Stephen B. Henry Personal Site Circa 1996

By 1998 I was running my own Internet Service Provider Company (ISP) and operating Hurontario Net.

Hurontario Net Circa 1998

Unfortunately not all the images survive in the Wayback Machine database. It is an interesting window on the past none-the-less. Check out your favorite legacy site there.

The new milenium found me 1200 miles away starting a new life in Kansas. Been here for 15 years, my longest time in one place ever.
Post 40 • IP   flag post
@Rev

The history of @Rev!

Believe it or not, I took a summer school class in Fortan ... in, drumroll, plz.... 1971.
Post 41 • IP   flag post
@Belew

That's just some of the computer stuff I fit in when I had the time. The whole story would take a book.

Hmmm...
Post 42 • IP   flag post
Member morrnel private msg quote post Address this user
My high school chemistry teacher brought in a calculator. This was late 60's. It was a bit bigger than s carry on suitcase and weighed about 30 pounds. Used eight vacuum tubes to display the numbers.

I thought, how can this thing ever replace a slide rule?

Has anyone seen the Babbage machine in operation at the San Jose Computer History Museum?
Post 43 • IP   flag post
Member bdaoust private msg quote post Address this user
Isn't that Babbage machine really interesting? That museum is amazing. I really miss living in the Bay Area with some of those cool techy places.
Post 44 • IP   flag post
Somewhere along the line I picked up an Osborne "luggable". Don't know whatever happened to it.

Post 45 • IP   flag post
29725 45 20
destitute