BillBelew.com
Belew SpeaksContent CreationContent MarketingTeaching

199+ Ideas to Start with Content Marketing1119

Rev private msg quote post Address this user
Awesome post @morrnel. And how poignant under the circumstances of Jim's tragic passing at age 30.

Click =>Call Me: for 20 mins FREE 1-on-1 with Bill Belew
Post 26 • IP   flag post
@tienny

While the number of free books can be a little overwhelming the key, as with so much in the information age, is filtering. I now have over 3000 books waiting to be read on my Kindle and I know I will never read them all. Those represent only a few of the tens of thousands of free books that have been available to me -- the first level of filtering of what I am interested in reading. And, when you have a selection list that is at least one book greater than you are going to read right now, the proverbial cream does tend to rise to the top.
Post 27 • IP   flag post
morrnel private msg quote post Address this user
@Rev, we lost a lot of good ones over the years.
@SusanDay, send him to the beast section if necessary.
Post 28 • IP   flag post
@SusanDay

Wow! Where did this one come from? It's an oldie...

Post 29 • IP   flag post
tienny private msg quote post Address this user
@morrnel @Rev Thanks for your explanations. I choose which title intrigues me.
Post 30 • IP   flag post

@rev, while you have your comprehensive kindle library, I have my billboard top 100 late 1940's through about 1990. Over 4000 songs on my iPod. Last count with other music about 14000 songs. I'm certain I have a few dups.
Post 31 • IP   flag post
@morrnel

A few years ago I picked up an old console stereo in perfect condition for $10 at a garage sale -- a "deluxe" model with both an 8-track and a cassette, along with the multi-band radio and turntable. It has awesome sound. I've slowly been building the record collection -- about 400 so far including Elvis, Neil Diamond, Chicago, Doors, Johnny Rivers, CCR, Charlie Rich, Pink Floyd, Jim Croce, and many more.

I have a fair digital collection too (I'm listening to Neil Diamond's Melody Road right now), but there is nothing like real vinyl. I need to replace the drive belt on the turntable as it's starting to slip. They are getting a little hard to find. Did find a new stylus on eBay about a year ago. Gotta love the 'net!
Post 32 • IP   flag post
@Rev,
8-track. Those were the days. Had one in my Plymouth ragtop (in North Dakota?).

Fry's Electronics is selling vinyl and some pretty nice turntables with USB connections. I have to assume they have analog connections too.

I had a very large vinyl collection but became a casualty, including some very old 78's and my older sister's collection of 45's.

Music is good for the soul.
Post 33 • IP   flag post
@morrnel

This is my third vinyl collection.

My first, back in my DJ days in the 70s -- "Hey, it's the Woolly Bear on KUKU, good ol' country coo-coo!" -- was "lost" when a guy I was working with skipped out with it and all my equipment.

My second, carefully rebuilt over the years was lost to my divorce. I expect it continues to be appreciated.

My third has been painstakingly selected to replace most of what was in #2 with a few other goodies added in.

I recently acquired a 30 CD Elvis collection which include about 900 tracks -- all his commercial releases and dozens of studio jam sessions and original masters, including mistakes and retakes. An interesting look at the man and his music. I guess you probably need to be a fan to appreciate it.
Post 34 • IP   flag post
I knew a guy who had some sort of connection with the Beatles. He had a collection of never published tracks. They stop and talk about how to improve the song then continue. One has the sounds of London in the background.

My collection was lost in the same way. She never played them but I'm certain she felt better knowing I didn't have them.

Now that I am not bouncing around the globe I can get back to rebuilding.
Post 35 • IP   flag post
I gotta believe Hutch has to be a great place to crank up the speakers and no one caring.
Post 36 • IP   flag post
@morrnel,

There is a very hard to find movie called Slipstream, much of it filmed at a small farm house on the Canadian prairie, in which a remote DJ "phones it in", delivering his show by wire from a make-shift studio in that home.

Thee is a scene where he sets up speakers outside and plays Eric Clapton's Layla (the long version) at full volume in the middle of a violent thunderstorm. Spectacular from any perspective.

Kansas is a little like that.
Post 37 • IP   flag post
Belew private msg quote post Address this user
There's a whole lot of people who have asked me the same question... and this is a link I often send them to.
Post 38 • IP   flag post
mmarkaz private msg quote post Address this user
@Belew

Fantastic original post, Bill!

I was locked into tunnel vision severely limiting my choices. Your post greatly expanded my thinking.

During a 30 minute drive, I used the voice recorder app on my phone to capture 32 "10" article ideas related to my industry. I'm very excited with the possibilities.

Thanks again!

P.S. Love this definition of content marketing from Contently.com:

Content marketing (n.): The use of storytelling to build relationships with consumers by providing them with something entertaining or useful.
Post 39 • IP   flag post
@mmarkaz

I am glad it helped.

Thanks for the kind words. Encouragement can often be in short supply in forums.
Post 40 • IP   flag post
The most popular thread in the forum...
Post 41 • IP   flag post
Why do most web site owners put their best stuff up on their site when nobody is coming?

Then run out of things to say before anybody ever showed up?

Isn't there a better strategy?
Post 42 • IP   flag post
I mentioned this post today in my live-stream classroom so I'm bumping it so it can be found...
Post 43 • IP   flag post
@Rev

Thank you for that!
Post 44 • IP   flag post
26852 44 19
destitute