BillBelew.com
Content CreationCustomer ServiceFeedback

10 Best/Worst Performing Words in Email Subj1121

Forum Owner Belew private msg quote post Address this user
People sit around and study these things.

The 10 Best performing words in an email subject line:

And while we are at it ...

The 10 Worst performing words in an email subject line:

Post 1 • IP   flag post
Member Davia private msg quote post Address this user
@belew,

NICE TO know!!!
Post 2 • IP   flag post
Teacher Rev private msg quote post Address this user
If you are in business, it is important not to use words falsely or fraudulently in email subject or from lines. Perhaps this is good advice even if you are not in business.

Examples:

- using the word facebook to make an email appear to be from a facebook friend or contact when it is not.

- using the term important personal message when, in fact, it is a blind sales pitch.

It is important to ignore and/or boycott anyone who uses these tactics. If your guru or mentor teaches this approach you should stop associating with, and paying, them.

Using selected words to engender interest, curiosity, or desire is good marketing practice. Crossing the line to lie or commit fraud is not. A good marketer relies on the former and eschews the latter.
Post 3 • IP   flag post
Member morrnel private msg quote post Address this user
@Rev, like going into Target and being told you are a guest? And then walking out after a purchase and getting nothing more than perhaps a "here you go" sans Thank You?
Post 4 • IP   flag post
Member bdaoust private msg quote post Address this user
@Rev I think they call that truth in advertising..if that really exists. For businesses, telling the truth in the subject line is often a stretch...just have to make sure we do it right.
Post 5 • IP   flag post
Member tienny private msg quote post Address this user
Nice to know this.
Post 6 • IP   flag post
Member InfoTemple private msg quote post Address this user
Good bit of advice to know this will help in buying from wrong
person. Thanks.
Post 7 • IP   flag post
Member authorbhalla private msg quote post Address this user
@belew

Thanks for the information.

@rev

This is exactly, lots of spammers do these days. I gets many fraudulent emails in my inbox everyday.
Post 8 • IP   flag post
Member lunar_ranger private msg quote post Address this user
@Rev I have notice people tagging popular, and entirely irrelevant #hashtags to grab more eyes on social.
Post 9 • IP   flag post
@lunar_ranger

people do all sorts of dumb things.

Doing dumb things = getting dumb results.

And cluttering up the efforts for the rest of us. ... kind of like a content marketing nail goblin that I mentioned in that thread.
Post 10 • IP   flag post
Teacher Rev private msg quote post Address this user
@lunar_ranger

I often hear the excuse, "It's the technology," or "Everyone is doing it so I have to, too." The former is almost never the case and the latter got old when my 40-something daughter tried it when she was 7 years of age.

No matter what you offer, no matter how good it is, I guarantee I can find the same, better, or nearly as good in a dozen or more places online in just about the time it takes me to write this sentence.

If you choose to lie, cheat, obfuscate, or otherwise defraud me to get my attention then I will not deal with you. The field of replacements is simply too deep for me to need to trust or rely upon someone who has already shown themselves to be less than I am prepared to accept.

While I need the right stuff -- the product or service I am looking for -- it isn't so much about that as it is about YOU. This is a relationship-driven age and the marketers who understand and embrace that going forward will be the future. Those who continue to cling to the old ways will be left behind.

And that from a sixty-something guy who's been there, done that, and has a drawer full of proverbial t-shirts!
Post 11 • IP   flag post
Member tienny private msg quote post Address this user
@belew How do you define "dumb" things?
Post 12 • IP   flag post
Meaningless....negative...unproductive...serves no purpose
Post 13 • IP   flag post
29159 13 13
destitute