BillBelew.com
Content MarketingFree Book

FREE LIMITED TIME OFFER.. NO REALLY1126

jycmba private msg quote post Address this user
Don't we all love to see these messages?

What is your reaction as a marketer when you get this in your Inbox?

I have to admit that I tend to click away or hit DELETE 80-90% of the time.

But sometimes we miss out on good deals like this book by a fellow digital nomad Dan Norris - no gimmick or catch.

He launched his content marketing book and it's really free (no opt-in, nothing) - but it REALLY is for a limited time!
Post 1 • IP   flag post
PatS private msg quote post Address this user
Thanks, @jycmba. Now all I need is time to read it!
Post 2 • IP   flag post
Rev private msg quote post Address this user
There truly are so many great free ebooks available on Amazon. Of the 3000+ I have on my Kindle waiting to be read, I purchased about 8. Most are likely worth the read. Many of the free ones are better than the ones I've paid for.

Thanks for the share, @jycmba
Post 3 • IP   flag post
Belew private msg quote post Address this user
@jycmba

My initial reaction was to head for the delete button ... thinking someone is spamming the forum.

Then I saw your name and knew it was safe.

All CAPS ... LIMITED FREE ... smells like spam. And I like SPAM, sometimes.. the meat that is. I think it's meat. Not sure.
Post 4 • IP   flag post
We used to have a lot of information but it wasn't accessible because it was in libraries.

So, we asked the librarians.

Then there were people who started putting stuff online.

Now online is inundated with information. A good thing.

But we need people again to tell us what is good and what isn't and where to find it.

Enter the new librarian.
Post 5 • IP   flag post
nicosuccess private msg quote post Address this user
I am really bad when it comes to reading. Time is just so scarce, but i know i am missing some great information.

I love audible, listen while i drive, but unfortunately not many free audio books on that platform.

Why cant i just download the data into my brain. Was the Matrix not enough motivation for people to find a way to do this
Post 6 • IP   flag post
@Belew Someone posted this on Facebook and asked who knew what it was.. unfortunately, I knew it all too well!

Believe me, when I went camping along the Oregon coast a couple of years ago, I had visions of living on spam for days..

Nope. Instead it was Korean BBQ ribs, crab cakes and fresh salmon (caught by a campsite neighbor, no less!)
Post 7 • IP   flag post
bdaoust private msg quote post Address this user
Yes, the delete button was in mind.The difference between being deleted and being read is the relationship you have with the person sending the email.

Just being on a list and getting those emails is irritating. However, being on the list, and knowing the person sending it is legit and rarely sends out hype, I tend to open it. As you can see, I opened this one.
Post 8 • IP   flag post
@nicosuccess Does this mean there is a great marketing opportunity by placing free audio books on audible?
Post 9 • IP   flag post
@nicosuccess

You gave me an idea.

Instead of creating ebooks... how about we create audible ebooks?
Post 10 • IP   flag post
@bdaoust

You type faster than I! Like minds and all that...
Post 11 • IP   flag post
@bdaoust - actually, you can turn any ebook into an audiobook..

Give me a minute - working on demo..
Post 12 • IP   flag post
Hmm.. not able to get the mirroring to work so I can screen capture my iPad & show how to do this..

But you can use your iPhone or any iOS device to turn any ebook into an audiobook..

So simple - just capturing this isn't at the moment for some reason!
Post 13 • IP   flag post
@Below @bdaoust
Don't know if audible will allow free ebooks, but yes, i would download EVERYTHING

@jycmba
Please share more. I'm not an Apple fan at all (give me Android any day), but would love to know how to do this. I have tons of ebooks I would turn into audio books
Post 14 • IP   flag post
@jycmba - I am not an Apple person either and do work with PCs and Androids. I actually use a human voice (paid person) to put my books into audio format.

I also take the sound tracks from all my training material and turn them into audio programs - so perhaps this is the way to go. @belew, you must have an absolute stack of materials from which to extrapolate the audio.
Post 15 • IP   flag post
@bdaoust

I have a stack.
Post 16 • IP   flag post
lunar_ranger private msg quote post Address this user
How does one balance personalization and automation in e-mail marketing campaigns? Too much personalization can be off-putting and "weird" too little can make leave the impression of robotic detachment, by-the-numbers spam.
Post 17 • IP   flag post
@lunar_ranger

Write and send stuff that you would read.

If you'd read it, look forward to receiving it, chances are others will as well.
Post 18 • IP   flag post
@bdaoust @nicosuccess - as usual I'm out & about.. so I'll have to wait 'til I get on my home network.

This mirroring app doesn't seem to be working here. I promise you'll be amazed at what's been there all along!
Post 19 • IP   flag post
@jycmba

And I promised to be amazed, too! If you'll let me.
Post 20 • IP   flag post
Can we all say, "PODCAST" ???
Post 21 • IP   flag post
My Kindle can read text ebooks to me.
Post 22 • IP   flag post
My daughter can read to me.

Maybe I should carry her around in my pocket.
Post 23 • IP   flag post
Took me a while but finally got to do this - looks like the issue was the network I was on..

Post 24 • IP   flag post
lunar_ranger private msg quote post Address this user
@jycmba It's awesome to know how to do this! Does Siri have a more human sounding cousin though? Cortana?
Post 25 • IP   flag post
@lunar_ranger - I'm sure that'll be a future iOS upgrade.
But what I love the most about this is how simple this is - no need to install an app.

The only tricky part is getting used to everything being voice driven. So there's some new behaviors to get used to like "three finger swipe" and "tap then double-tap" -

Small price to pay for a whole new audiobook library though!
Post 26 • IP   flag post
@jycmba

Way cool... I might have to steal my daughter's iPad mini from time to time.
Post 27 • IP   flag post
@jycmba

Very cool, thanks for sharing!!
Post 28 • IP   flag post
@nicosuccess - y, it was actually inspired by @PatS comment about time to read.

As I started to reply back about audiobooks, (although I'm a big fan of these as well) I thought about the cost even if you have an Audible membership.

So, I simply asked if there was an app to make ebooks into audiobooks.. and stumbled on this approach but didn't like the video so thought why not make a quick one.. well, that turned into a BIGGER task than the tip itself! But, hey, there we are.. (the "rest of the story.."
Post 29 • IP   flag post
@jycmba

Do they have an app for Android?
Post 30 • IP   flag post
24940 31 30
destitute