BillBelew.com
Content CreationVideo Production

Who is Using Video to do Content Marketing?1137

Belew private msg quote post Address this user
I have a case study on the effectiveness of video for bringing traffic to a host site. I'll put that together at some point and share here.

First ... where do people spend the most time watching videos?

YouTube is number one ... for sure. But, who's number 2?

When was the last time you watched a video, then purchased something?
Post 1 • IP   flag post
jycmba private msg quote post Address this user
Facebook.. followed by entertainment sites like Netflix.

..then hosted videos on sites - about the same as most of these others..
Post 2 • IP   flag post
bdaoust private msg quote post Address this user
Interesting stats - did you know you can increase your video views on YouTube by adding closed captioning?
Post 3 • IP   flag post
Belew private msg quote post Address this user
Didn't know that.

Do you have before and after numbers by chance?
Post 4 • IP   flag post
bdaoust private msg quote post Address this user
Across a 16-month period, Discovery Digital Networks set out to determine the effect of closed captions on video views. They conducted a controlled study of captioning across 8 of their channels, captioning 125 of 334 videos published between January 2013 and April 2014 then measuring the effects of captioning against the 209 uncaptioned videos.Within two weeks of adding closed captions, they documented a 13.48% increase in views, as well as a lifetime increase in views at 7.32%.

Source: http://www.business2community.com/video-marketing/closed-captioning-increase-video-views-seo-roi-0959005
Post 5 • IP   flag post
nicosuccess private msg quote post Address this user
@Belew
At this point in time Facebook and Youtube are neck and neck. Facebook is climbing due to their ease of Mobile access, although mobile views tend to be shorter.

Alot of people said the silent autoplay in Facebook will not work, but this has been a game changer for Facebook. Just think back to the Harry Potter movie where the newspaper came to life

I personally use Facebook more, but you do have more flexibility in Youtube when it comes to subjects you can cover
Post 6 • IP   flag post
tienny private msg quote post Address this user
Thanks for this discussion
Post 7 • IP   flag post
25137 7 7
destitute