BillBelew.com
Content CreationContent MarketingCreativity

Just the Facts Ma'am, Just the Facts1144

Member jycmba private msg quote post Address this user
We joke occasionally about getting a little too creative - especially with the facts..

There are tons of stories about news agencies getting a bit lax in this social media age. Pressure to keep up with the speed of news spreading has caused them to lower standards.

Coming up on another election year, I think it's important not so much to talk about which side we're supporting as content marketers -

..a better and maybe more important question is where does our responsibility lie for "the truth"?

Recently, I got an email from this lady who basically just spreads political gossip without much thought - you know, like the days before Facebook when some chain emails would do the rounds? (apparently, she doesn't use social media..)

Normally, I just DELETE without reading. I suppose I could simply mark her stuff as Spam or just directly fwd to Trash, but I guess I have a soft spot for some folks.

What was unusual about this particular email was that it appeared to be some pretty scandalous news of a sweet couple I personally know.

Here's the thing - this lady passed it along as gospel.. or "the truth"..

An even more ironic twist is that the couple runs the site known for dispelling internet myths & rumors, Snopes..

..isn't it ironic?
Post 1 • IP   flag post
Top Contributor Steve private msg quote post Address this user
The media has never reported the truth... every single news agency has its own agenda ... and they report accordingly.
Post 2 • IP   flag post
Forum Owner Belew private msg quote post Address this user
Mark Twain, "If you always tell the truth you don't have to remember what you said."

My dad would say about the news,"Don't believe anything you hear (read) and only half of what you see."

Even we see the truth through our own filters.
Post 3 • IP   flag post
Member lunar_ranger private msg quote post Address this user
8 major companies controlling the media of over 300 millions people. If there wasn't a financial motive they wouldn't be in business. The news is and forever has been profit centers in the business of propogating their truths.
Post 4 • IP   flag post
Forum Owner Belew private msg quote post Address this user
Anything that ends in .com is by definition commercial = making money.

You can't be controlled if you don't let it/them/him/her control you.
Post 5 • IP   flag post
Member mcc private msg quote post Address this user
@jycmba That is really ironic! And rather sad.
Post 6 • IP   flag post
Top Contributor Steve private msg quote post Address this user

Post 7 • IP   flag post
28670 7 7
destitute