BillBelew.com
Belew Speaks

What do you dislike abt where you live?1174

Forum Owner Belew private msg quote post Address this user
I live in the very heart of Silicon Valley. Sunnyvale is considered the birthplace. I live 10 - min walk to downtown sunnyvale.

The weather here is nearly perfect. We never need heat nor cooling. Our electric bill is abt $20/month or less on average.

An example of a perk... LinkedIn emailed me today and invited me to attend a local gathering of long form publishers in San Francisco, hosted at their office.

What's not to like?

How about the housing prices?

A couple with no kids can EACH make $150K in SF and still NOT be able to buy a house.

What do you NOT like abt where you live?
Post 1 • IP   flag post
Top Contributor Steve private msg quote post Address this user
I don't... we're a bit far from everything, but that's not always bad ... we have eight months of the year with great sunshine ... and even in the winter it isn't exactly cold.

Everyone is friendly, we have people from everywhere ... and life if good.... in fact we're apparently the eight best city to live in, in the world ...

Just wish I had a star trek teleportation device as that would make Perth, perfect.
Post 2 • IP   flag post
Teacher Rev private msg quote post Address this user
Kansas; where the world is flat and evolution is still a theory. Miles and miles of nothing but miles and miles. And, if you don't like the weather, wait a minute. Such a great place they make movies about us. Fantastic movies. Literally. Lion. And Tin Man. And Witches. Oh, my!
Post 3 • IP   flag post
Member notyourmomscloset private msg quote post Address this user
Interesting question! We live in Annandale, MN in (one of) the hearts of (one of) the lakes. Well, there are 10,000 lakes although I have no clue who counted them.

We have one traffic light going through town on the same corner where we have the one McDonald's. We have one grocery store - quite a nice place really. Both hubby and I have lived in large cities and small towns over our lives before (and since) we met and married. We love it here, even though we need to go down the road a bit to find a large food store, Wal-Mart, Lowe's, Menard's, etc. It's a nice ride and we sleep very well at night. Oh, we do have Canadian Pacific trains running through town, but it's part of the town picture.
Post 4 • IP   flag post
Member tienny private msg quote post Address this user
Singapore. Everywhere is expensive. The house is getting smaller. But I love the peace, efficient transport and security.
Post 5 • IP   flag post
29156 5 5
destitute