BillBelew.com
FocusLinkedInSEO AdviceSocial Media

Simple Ways to Get LinkedIn Connections1177

Member bdaoust private msg quote post Address this user
@dmortaz

I did reach my limit a couple of times and I simply contacted LinkedIn and requested an increase. They had no problem with adding more to my account. They just want to make sure you are legitimate.

Also, if you are in one of the LION groups or a part of Toplinked.com you will get numerous invites as well. This may also increase the number of connections you get.

Click =>Call Me: for 20 mins FREE 1-on-1 with Bill Belew
Post 51 • IP   flag post
Forum Owner Belew private msg quote post Address this user
@bdaoust

How did you contact LinkedIn? Where is the link to get in with them? 8-)
Post 52 • IP   flag post
Member bdaoust private msg quote post Address this user
@Belew

Here is LinkedIn's policy and how to increase the number of contacts. The link to customer service: https://help.linkedin.com/app/ask

Because of complaints from members who were receiving multiple invitations from people they didn’t know we now have a default limit of 3000 invitations that a member can send. Before the limit we had a couple of thousand users who regularly sent thousands – or even tens of thousands of invitations – with very low acceptance rates and lots of abuse reports. The limits have helped stop most of that — but not all.

When you get close to the limit and send new invitations you’ll see a message on the site telling you that you’re close and that you can request more.

The best way to request an increase is to log in to your LinkedIn account and use the Contact Customer Service form on our site.

As with all inquiries to customer service, they give fastest turnaround to paying customers and using the form above will get the quickest response. If you’re not a premium account holder your request will still get answered but it could take 2 to 3 days, depending on how busy customer service is.

If the positive feedback from the people you’ve recently invited is high you’ll get an increase of 500 additional invitations; and you can request additional invitations 30 days after your limit was last increased.

The threshold we use for giving a full increase is first, that the member’s recent invitations resulted in acceptance rates that are at least average compared to the norms for LinkedIn members who have sent several hundred or more invitations; and second, that the complaints and abuse reports they’ve received must also be low compared to the norm. For people who are regularly inviting people who know them or who are inviting self-declared “open-connectors” (people who are open to connecting to most LinkedIn members) this isn’t a particularly difficult threshold to get above.
If the positive feedback from the people you’ve invited since your last increase (or recently if a first-time increase) is below the threshold for getting a full increase of 500, you will initially get at least some additional invitations, often 100, so that you can establish a positive feedback score needed to get higher increases. People who repeatedly get below average positive feedback scores may not receive any additional invitations and will then have to wait a longer period before requesting more.

You can insure that your acceptance rates stay high by only sending invitations to people who know you, or to people who have indicated that they’re open to invitations coming from people they don’t know. Instead of using invitations to reach out to new people or others you’ve had little interaction with, we suggest using InMails, OpenLink messages and Introduction Proposals for LinkedIn members. And in general we recommend finding other ways to get to know better the people you want to meet before inviting them to connect.

Of course, whenever there are limits, some people will try to get around them. For example a few have tried to get good feedback scores by sending a small number of invitations in a month and following the rules for whom to send them to. Then they hope that they can store up large increases and send them all at once to whomever they want, not caring so much about getting a full increase the next time. We’ve had to make our rules a tiny bit more complex to prevent these kinds of games, but those rules affect really only a handful of people.

No rules are perfect. But by using feedback from the people whom users themselves choose to invite, and by regularly giving increases to people who consistently get good feedback, the system seems to be working fairly well.
Post 53 • IP   flag post
Gonna pass 4000 1st level connections on LinkedIn today.

How many connections do you have?

More importantly... how many do you plan to have?
Post 54 • IP   flag post
Member lunar_ranger private msg quote post Address this user
That's awesome Bill! Today I just got over 3K mark and I hope to have many more connections along the way. The more connections I have the more eyes I have on the content I am producing for myself and for my employer. I am starting to feel detached from my connections as the majority of them I don't know.
Post 55 • IP   flag post

@lunar_ranger

Where did you start the LinkedIn Connection surge at?

I started at 3600-ish. Not growing as fast as I thought it would.

But slow and deliberate will serve me better long term...or not.
Post 56 • IP   flag post
Member lunar_ranger private msg quote post Address this user
@Belew I got the first 500 on my own (I knew every person and treated every LinkedIn connection like a personal business contact). After watching @bdaoust training I decided to open my network, and engage with strangers. I know about 17% of the people I am connected to, but I have been able to start some interesting new conversations with a few of them.

One of the best qualities to having a large network is being able to connect with people from a greater range and variety of professional experience (before my network was almost exclusively digital marketers), and people from different parts of the word (before the big push, they were all geographically defined to an isolated area on the map).

As mentioned one of the worst qualities is the detachment I feel towards my new network- and knowing they probably feel the same about me- without previous or shared experience or relationship.

[Note}: Strange thing just happened today- I have experienced a huge drop in my rankings for SEO Miami, and SEO Fort Lauderdale (I was on page 1 for both terms yesterday). Maybe there was a trigger, violation, or an update. I don't know if this is attributed to my aggressive growth... Perhaps [LION] is a penalizing trigger in ones name now?
Post 57 • IP   flag post
@lunar_ranger

Don't fret about the drop. Be pleased with the extended reach.

Whenever I get a new invite, I (Stella, my VA) sends a direct LI message inviting further dialog = I invite people here to the forum.

They come ... and join. 75 ppl in the last month ... 5+ minutes each.

Find a place to invite your new contacts to come to and engage with you. If you don't have one ... invite them here. 8-) Not to be self-serving ... just an option.

Invite each to a deeper conversation somewhere that is yours.
Post 58 • IP   flag post
Member dmortaz private msg quote post Address this user
Hi Folks,

Following the recommendations here, I have made a connection with 22K senior contacts on Linkedin asking me "how he can help"? What are the best way to utilize this offer?

One idea I had was to ask him to promote/share one of my LInkedin posts? What about asking him to recommend my profile as a "connection" to all his contacts?

I am "seeking new opportunities" on my profile and would like to get it seen by as many recruiters as possible.

Any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated.

-David
Post 59 • IP   flag post
@dmortaz

Does he long-form publish?

Ask him if you can write an article for him to post on his site.
Post 60 • IP   flag post
Member dmortaz private msg quote post Address this user
by his site, you mean his Linkin page?
Post 61 • IP   flag post
Yes... give him something that makes him look better.
Post 62 • IP   flag post
Member authorbhalla private msg quote post Address this user
@dmortaz

I want to watch your webinar on linkedin could you please send me the link because i couldn't find it on youtube.

Thank you.
Post 63 • IP   flag post
Top Contributor Steve private msg quote post Address this user
@dmortaz you need to work out if his LinkedIn connections are your target audience otherwise you'll just annoy them... I have about 12K connections and not sure how many followers on LinkedIn (16K i think) ... but I wouldn't promote anyone else to them ... as I'd just lose connections and devalue myself to my audience ...

Writing a post as suggested is a great idea...
Post 64 • IP   flag post
28176 64 14
destitute