BillBelew.com
BrainstormingBusiness AdviceContent Marketing

Embed Newsletter into Wordpress1179

Member tienny private msg quote post Address this user
Currently, I have done the website for my business. Because I want to complete it. However, my business partner feels it is not enough. I have some questions pertaining to let people sign up to the newsletter. There are Google, mail chimp and aweber. Which one is better and more cost effective?
Post 1 • IP   flag post
Forum Owner Belew private msg quote post Address this user
I have used Feedburner (Google) and it's done just fine with me.

The question of which is best is not as important as are you going to focus on getting emails or focus on selling something?

If you focus on selling something, you will get the email.

If you focus on getting email you will create a funnel that is a long slog.

If you focus on both, you will get neither.
Post 2 • IP   flag post
@belew Thanks. What is the cost of google feedburner? Or do I let them register their email through wordpress? Because I need to get the email.
Post 3 • IP   flag post
Feedburner is free.

If you want the email ... sell them something or give them something.

Don't just ask for the email.
Post 4 • IP   flag post
Teacher Rev private msg quote post Address this user
@Tienny

Feedburner is a good choice. Also, WordPress has an RSS feed by default -- http://yoursite.com/feed/

eg: http://wbbusinessnetwork.com/feed/ for WP Business Network.

If you are considering Aweber or MailChip (either of which is good) have a look first at the MailPoet plugin. It's free and works from your website without a third-party service.
Post 5 • IP   flag post
@Rev @tienny

You will eventually need some sort of email client once you have gathered the emails.

You can bridge that cross when it comes to you.
Post 6 • IP   flag post
@Rev @Belew Thank you and appreciate your kindness to share about this.

@Belew I'm wondering what should I give them.

I've been referring to Disney website to learn their business models and website.
Post 7 • IP   flag post
@Tienny

Be careful of the Disney site. While it may be a good site to emulate (in some ways), especially considering the nature of your business, it may not be the best site to learn from.

While the web tends to level the field between the big players and the little guys, it doesn't equalize two important areas:

1 - resources (staff, content, money), and

2 - brand exposure/recognition.

You may find yourself overly frustrated tying to copy something you cannot afford and which makes use of realities beyond your reach.

The Disney name alone separates them significantly, enormously, from anything you or I might try to do.

That's not to say "Don't..." but, rather, "Be careful!"
Post 8 • IP   flag post
@tienny @Rev

Disney does not rely on organic traffic either. People go there directly.

Your model must first attract, then create loyalty, finally imitate Disney.
Post 9 • IP   flag post
@Rev @Belew Sure. Thanks a lot and appreciate all your advises.
Post 10 • IP   flag post
How does mailchimp, mailpoet and landing pages differ in terms of giving something through email subscription?
Post 11 • IP   flag post
@Tienny

Mailchip is (and Aweber, LMS, List Blast, iContact, GetResponse, and several others are) "third-party" opt-in email list management services that provide varying degrees of opt-in forms and/or landing page structures you can add to your website to collect email addresses and manage newsletters, auto-responders, and mailing lists. These services may have a free low-end package and then rapidly escalate to premium (paid) packages based on numbers of subscribers. The mailing list, content, and other materials are stored on the service's host servers.

MailPoet is a WordPress plugin that provides similar features but in a package that runs entirely on your own website.

Landing page is a name given to a type of website page to which traffic is directed, typically to introduce them into the top of a funnel process of some sort, usually collecting email address and other information through an opt-in form, with or without payment, and delivering them through to an outcome page, adding them to a mailing list, etc.
Post 12 • IP   flag post
@Rev Thank you and appreciate your knowledge.
Post 13 • IP   flag post
29377 13 13
destitute