BillBelew.com
Business AdviceFeedbackMisc.

InfoLinks - Speak To Me Please...1191

notyourmomscloset private msg quote post Address this user
Has anyone here used InfoLinks on their website? If so, what experience did you have? What format did you use? Did you get paid?

If not, why not?

Thanks - Ellyn
Post 1 • IP   flag post
Belew private msg quote post Address this user
@notyourmomscloset

I used Infolinks a long time ago.

I used the in text part of it. Got paid reasonably well and on time.

Problem became that their pay dropped so dramatically because they were spread to so many platforms. They didn't need to pay any one site very much because they could pay a lot of sites a little. Good for them ... No good for the publisher/you.

You also need a very high volume of traffic to make money this way.

No traffic = annoying in text ad.

Also, people who click on these kinds of ads don't buy from you.

Does this help?
Post 2 • IP   flag post
Yes, thanks for the insight.
Post 3 • IP   flag post
tienny private msg quote post Address this user
Thanks for this
Post 4 • IP   flag post
Sandy private msg quote post Address this user
Hi there, this is Sandy from Infolinks, glad to join the conversation. The amount each person earns with Infolinks is completely dependent on their website, how many Infolinks products they're using (one vs. four) and where their traffic is coming from. No two publishers earn the same.
Furthermore, Infolinks does not have any traffic minimums and is a great way to monetize any kind of traffic from all over the world.

My best advice for you is to sign up for Infolinks at: http://goo.gl/almI7s (it's free of charge) and then contact our optimization experts at support@infolinks.com to insure you make the most of our wide range of advanced ad solutions.
Most people know us for our InText ads, but we offer several very unique and innovative solutions
Cheers, Sandy from Infolinks
Post 5 • IP   flag post
@Sandy

Thanks for weighing in from InfoLinks.

Could you share some success stories of sites that have used Infolinks? What niche? Text vs banner or both? What kinds of traffic level they need?

That would be very insightful.
Post 6 • IP   flag post
lunar_ranger private msg quote post Address this user
@Belew lol- looks like someone is carefully monitoring their Google Alerts account. Indeed, thank you @Sandy for weighing in on Infolinks. Hilarious.
Post 7 • IP   flag post
I tried putting Infolinks on my website just to see for myself what it would look (and act) like. I opted for the in fold. I thought the ads coming up on the bottom of a page wouldn't be too bad. What I noticed is that it was a little annoying and I also remembered what Bill had said about people not buying from me if they click the ad. So, kind of so-so on how I felt about it. Just in a short time I think I had .67 or something. Anyway, when I opened my site again that evening, I noticed something else had been added at the top of my page and, in the end, it was something to do with Infolinks. Perhaps I selected something besides in fold, I don't know. In any event, I decided to forego using Infolinks for a source of advertising income on my site. The ads that came up were also for things not relevant to my website. It was an experiment, now I know.
Post 8 • IP   flag post
@notyourmomscloset Hi again!
I'm sorry to hear you weren't pleased with our service. I encourage you to give it another go since our script usually starts to work seamlessly after a few day. After the script learns your site's behavior it automatically optimizes it's preferences. You can also customize and optimize yourself, VIA your publisher center: https://publishers.infolinks.com/members/customize-intext
There you'll also find some quick info about our different products.
In addition, here is a nice post one of our users wrote about us, explaining how to make money with our products.
You can always contact our devoted support team at support@infolinks.com.
Thanks!
Sandy
Post 9 • IP   flag post
@Belew Hi there,
We are proud to have a long list of happy publishers that chose to work with us for many years (Farrah Gray, internetbrands.com etc.) you can read their input on our products over at our homepage.
We have a large variety of publishers, most of them from the US. Infolinks' core products are contextual, but we also offer a range of different products - from banners to video ads. Our products work well with all types of traffic levels
You can read more at the FAQ section of our site:
http://www.infolinks.com/support/

Cheers, Sandy.
Post 10 • IP   flag post
Steve private msg quote post Address this user
Wow ... turned into a sales forum ... YAWN
Post 11 • IP   flag post
Now I'm sorry I asked lol. I think we all learn something from such responses, but "Sandy" is obviously employed by Infolinks?
Post 12 • IP   flag post
@notyourmomscloset Hi, I am indeed employed by Infolinks, as iv'e stated in my first comment This is not a sales pitch but a way to try and help our users and people that are interested in working with us, to get the best results and feel content with our products.
Post 13 • IP   flag post
@Sandy

Thanks for this response.

I am not interested enough to go look for the information myself.

I thought it might be good form if you shared those stories here for others to learn from.

Thanks nonetheless.
Post 14 • IP   flag post
@Sandy

Tell us why. Don't just tell us to come look for ourselves.

Show us why. Don't just tell us to try. You make money off of our efforts.

How can we learn from you first?

Please don't ask us to come take a look. Rather, tell us what we need to know so that we might be interested in taking a look.
Post 15 • IP   flag post
@notyourmomscloset

It's an interesting study nonetheless for us ... re your question about Infolinks.

It seems obvious they have alerts set to learn when people are talking about them. That's good.

They respond. Interact. That's good.

Their response is not educational ... just a try it for yourself. That's not good.

Let's see what happens next.
Post 16 • IP   flag post
lunar_ranger private msg quote post Address this user
@Belew At least you know you have good visibility with your site Bill!
Post 17 • IP   flag post
I think I was a little sassy when I said I was now sorry I asked. I think it's always good to learn and certainly Sandy make some good comments. I may call and talk to someone there to see how I can minimize their presence. It just seemed like it spread and that I didn't want. I made at least a little money in a very short time, so I can see where it could work for a little extra cash. We'll see
Post 18 • IP   flag post
@Belew @notyourmomscloset
Hi again,
Thanks a lot for your thoughts, it's genuinely great and informative!
Since this really isn't a sales pitch (i'm not a saleswoman at the company), and with great respect for your site, I chose to give you all the information, so each one of your readers could check out what's relevant for them, rather then to write up our entire agenda, which might seem a little intrusive.
I will gladly answer any questions you have, and in the meanwhile, here is a short explanation I hope you find helpful:

---snip---
Sales spiel cut by moderator
---snip---
I'm here for any follow up questions.
Thanks!
Sandy
Post 19 • IP   flag post
Steve private msg quote post Address this user
@Sandy Making comments such as "i'm not a saleswoman at the company"... and then copying a typical sales script... this won't do you any favors here ... not with me at any rate.

Its just BORING ...
Post 20 • IP   flag post
@Sandy

What @Steve says.

Cutting and pasting your spiel earns you no love.

my next step is to delete your propaganda.

We want to learn why you are good not what you do.

one last try for you.
Post 21 • IP   flag post
24976 21 21
destitute