BillBelew.com
BloggingInspirationMotivation

Hey Blogger! Which of these do you want?1199

Belew private msg quote post Address this user
Bloggers don't want much.

Okay, some of them do. Some of them want a lot.

But what is it that bloggers really want?

1. Access to a bigger audience. If you are a blogger and someone asks you to write for their big audience, and their audience cares about the same thing you do, would you do it?

2. A good match. If you blog about Barbie dolls and someone asks you to write about their app, would you do it?

3. A good relationship. If you are a blogger with a hard-earned following, would you tell your people about his people who are schmucks?

4. To grow. If you are a blogger do you want to become better at what you do?

5. To be motivated. It's lonely out there, or in here, or over there. If you are a blogger do you want a good reason to write?

6. To make a difference. If you are a blogger and you can make a difference, would you do it?

Which of these do you want?

What do you want that I haven't listed?
Post 1 • IP   flag post
Bloggers want to be asked what they think. They don't just want to be told what to think/write.
Post 2 • IP   flag post
SusanDay private msg quote post Address this user
Is "all of the above" a relevant answer?
Post 3 • IP   flag post
@SusanDay

Sure. But what if you had to pick one?

Or add another one?
Post 4 • IP   flag post
Steve private msg quote post Address this user
Don't we blog to make a difference?
To influence people?
To convert them into fans?
To convert fans into advocates that go out and tell others?
Post 5 • IP   flag post
@Steve

Are you asking or telling?

Is this a rhetorical question?
Post 6 • IP   flag post
SusanDay private msg quote post Address this user
To answer your question @Belew I think I blog to make a difference. That's my primary focus now I've considered it.
Post 7 • IP   flag post
Rev private msg quote post Address this user
We blog because we believe we have something to say, to share, to give. Some really do. Some not so much. While we all have opinion, some provide more valuable, actionable, content than others.

Equally, readers seek different things. Some want entertainment. Some look for opinion. Some, understanding. Some want to get their mental teeth into something solid, or interesting, or factual, or...

And, @Belew, while all of your initial points are valid, and growth is always good (both in numbers and in nature/quality/value of material presented) I suspect the holy grail of blogging is a good match between blogger and audience.

In order to make a difference, or grow, or any of those other points, you need to have an audience that understands and accepts (or challenges) what you share.

I can see three ways to attain that:

1 - find an audience and write what THEY want,

2 - write what YOU want and let an audience find you, or

3 - explore until the content and audience gell.

Are there any others?
Post 8 • IP   flag post
tienny private msg quote post Address this user
Blogging can be a therapy too
Post 9 • IP   flag post
26901 9 9
destitute