BillBelew.com
LinkedInSocial Media

Anyone have experience with LinkedIn ads?1203

Member IngHan private msg quote post Address this user
I started advertising my PR/marketing company last week on LinkedIn. I seem to be getting a good amount of impressions but no clicks. As a marketer, I thought I knew all the tricks.. add a call to action, suspense date and a nice headline. Any reason why I'm not getting much engagement? Is it my ad, LinkedIn's effectiveness or maybe I havent given it enough time? Thanks! Ingrid
Post 1 • IP   flag post
Forum Owner Belew private msg quote post Address this user
@IngHan

Can you show us the ad? Maybe a screenshot?
Post 2 • IP   flag post
Sure - the photo btw is a better resolution than shown.

Post 3 • IP   flag post
And how about a link to where it clicks thru to?
Post 4 • IP   flag post
they can click on my profile and it has my contact info there but here is the website:
www.launchmediadc.com
Post 5 • IP   flag post
The last question I would ask (I am thinking this through while I make dinner ... sorry) ... is who are you targeting?

I am sure that's why you chose LI...to narrow down the target.

While you are writing that I'll give you my opinion of the ad and the page.
Post 6 • IP   flag post
What's a media coach?

I realize that I am not the target audience ... but I don't know what you are advertising.

If I have to click through to your LI profile to find out ... I think it's a losing proposition.

When I go to to LaunchMediaDC ... I see things moving ... but I don't see a CTA there. Nothing above the fold is clickable or asks me to do anything.

One scroll down the only thing that is clickable is the Video Circle ... and that is not very obvious.

I think...Okay, now I am here, what am I supposed to do? Oh, well.

Instead of Hire a Boston Coach ... how about Get More ABC.

Your ad focuses on something you'll get - hired. Focus on something your target audience wants - more, sooner, better ...

You are offering cheaper .... the general wisdom, IMHO, is don't be cheaper ... be better.

Don't offer 30% off...offer 30% improvement in your target's performance.

Does this make sense?
Post 7 • IP   flag post
thanks, Bill! This is a targeted ad towards an audience who knows what a media coach is (in this case lawyers who speak to media outlets on camera) but I definitely can point viewers towards a media coach page. Thanks for the tips!
Post 8 • IP   flag post
@IngHan

Interesting that you are targeting lawyers.

I was hired this past week to present a seminar on managing your digital footprint ... to a group of lawyers in San Francisco.

I will be speaking to them in late September.

Should I mention to them the need for a media coach? This idea is new to me.
Post 9 • IP   flag post
Sure, Bill. Would be glad to work with you in any capacity. Media coaching has soared in popularity now that video is so widely used. As a former Washington Post journalist and ABC News writer, I help lawyers and tech folks with the following:
1. Messaging (we white board what the client plans to say and How they are going to say it- to journalists, investors, juries
2. Communication: speech/body language (we give feedback on how they can look and sound more engaging/trustworthy etc on camera and off - either for broadcast or print)
3. Practice: just like an athlete, it takes practice to excel at what you do; in tbis case feel at ease and articulate a clear, concise message. Our clients send us video, we critique their performance and we provide input on making tbeir presentation better.
4. We coach and videotape lawyers who simply want to be featured on their company website (about us or press room) page. It's important these days to sbow video samples of company representatives so that the media has a good idea of how their subject will interview before-hand...
Post 10 • IP   flag post
Top Contributor Steve private msg quote post Address this user
I've tried LinkedIn advertising in the past and came away with the same feeling, lots and lots of impressions but very few clicks.... I've tried various advertisements and despite the exact same advertisement working well elsewhere on LinkedIn it didn't.

I can probably guess and it's likely been answered above... but Boston Media Coach ... tells me nothing...

Post 11 • IP   flag post
Member Davia private msg quote post Address this user
This information will help all of us who offer a service but have no idea as to how to market it etc. With Linked In I never got anywhere etc. I needed the SELL THE PROBLEM you solve! Thanks @steve that makes total sense and now I know where and what I need to promote just now I have to figure out how to do it!
Post 12 • IP   flag post
The problem with linkedin is that you basically have to sell yourself and the "problem" in about 8 words. I'd love to see some examples if anyone has any :-)
Post 13 • IP   flag post
@Davia

Start with your site. Solve the problem on your site first.

It baffles me that anyone would buy ads.

When you stop buying they stop performing. There is no residual.

If you have a budget spend it on your host site to improve the content and the variety of ways you offer it.

Then your content will go to work for you. It will continue to work for you and you will reap the residual effect.
Post 14 • IP   flag post
Truth is if you spend enough money you can make some mkney...but only after you recover what you spent and started to break even. Eventually you will get ahead to the point where you make more than you spend.

But when you stop spending you have nothing to show for it.

Create better content and better and more versions of it. The content will do the work for you.
Post 15 • IP   flag post
@belew,

I started writing again! I turned out a whopping 3 blogs the week before nothing this past week. UGGH will get there head down butt up, keep my nose to the grindstone.

Getting there its a process! Generating content!
Post 16 • IP   flag post
@Davia

It doesn't come easy. But you will find a rhythm.

Once you have an archive of content, you can start finding ways to repurpose it. This will extend your reach.

That's when your content really does its marketing magic.
Post 17 • IP   flag post
@belew @steve glad I have you guys! Now I need to delgate more so I can concentrate on growing my business. This is the realization I have come to these past few weeks.
Post 18 • IP   flag post
@Davia

There seems to be this thing going on Silicon Valley next month ... It's right up your alley.

There are several who are attending virtually now ...
Please don't misunderstand. No sales here... just thinking how to get you on track.

You'd be a great success story to tell a year from now. ... if not much sooner.
Post 19 • IP   flag post
@belew pray tell what it is?
Post 20 • IP   flag post
@Davia

This is the event your husband put the kabash on.

what if there were a way to participate virtually?
Post 21 • IP   flag post
ahhh definitely!!!!
Post 22 • IP   flag post
29764 22 22
destitute