BillBelew.com
BrainstormingBusiness AdviceOrganic SearchSEOWordPress

Blog vs Page on Word Press1214

slaqjaw private msg quote post Address this user
Project, build a generic SEO sight for sellers looking to connect with an experience real estate agent. The site is unbranded, i.e. my name and brokerage name will not be on the site. What will be the best way to accomplish it? Pages or blog posts. The front page will need to be static.

If it works well for my market, I may branch out to include other cities to refer to agents in those markets. With that in mind, would having all those other cities and markets pop up in a widget on the static front page be a good thing or not so good for folk who come to the static page instead of the page/post for a specific market area....?
Post 1 • IP   flag post
Belew private msg quote post Address this user
@slaqjaw

Pages are static = do not perform well.

Posts are one-off = do not perform well.

What performs well is when you have a site that overall is dynamic = lots of changes.

What performs well is when a site is well interlinked and visitors go from here to there to there to there ... and remain on the site.

The astute visitor here to the forum will notice how I try to link threads and posts to each other. There's a reason for my tampering.

What I have found that works well is creating a page and adding an RSS feed, or a feed to your blog posts so that whenever they change the page changes.

Please take a look at the top of the forum. There is a blog feed from my host site. Those five titles are constantly changing.

Go to my host site www.billbelew.com and you will see a feed from the blog. Every time a new thread is created here, that home page changes. This is good/excellent SEO.

It's the changes in a page/post that makes it dynamic = searchable.

All of my blog posts (individual URLs) have a widget on the side with a feed from the forum making the posts dynamic as well. That's good/excellent SEO.

Another way to get visibility for a page is comments on the page.

Each time a page/post receives a comment the structure changes and it gets reindexed.

Another way to get visibility to a page/post is to have people continually link to it. (This is really hard to do because someone outside of your control must do it.
Post 2 • IP   flag post
bdaoust private msg quote post Address this user
Success key - Everchanging is Everlasting, anything else is just a static page where one visit is all you get - the choice is yours.
Post 3 • IP   flag post
Steve private msg quote post Address this user
Having an online business is no different from having an offline business... to succeed takes hard work, real hard work ... and there are no shortcuts to this, and only a few exceptions.

Just saying ...
Post 4 • IP   flag post
@bdaoust

kind of like the way life works. The only constant is change, eh?
Post 5 • IP   flag post
Rev private msg quote post Address this user
@slaqjaw

1 - you will have/need a brand, even if it is a "generic" brand.

2 - get your own domain name

3 - get professional website hosting

4 - do not try to do this with a free WordPress dot com blog

5 - build the site with a purpose or hire it done.

6 - there is no free lunch
Post 6 • IP   flag post
@Steve

I want to be one of those exceptions. Can you teach me how?
Post 7 • IP   flag post
27629 7 7
destitute