BillBelew.com
SEOSEO Advice

Almost Instant SEO positioning!1217

Member slaqjaw private msg quote post Address this user
In follow up to my post yesterday about a non-standard WordPress site I'm putting together, I had an email chat with Bill Belew about SEO submission links that I use for my agent site that gets me front page positioning almost immediately. I just put up a new page about 10 minutes ago using this method and have already gotten to page 2 on Google search results. Google, "Top Batavia Real Estate Agent" This is to attract sellers in the Batavia Ohio area but is in competition with the larger Batavia Illinois region.

I have submission sites for Google and Bing.
Post 1 • IP   flag post
A little addition... There is also a Batavia, NY that is in competition. Mine is the FIRST Batavia, OH site to show in the search. More tweaking to do.
Post 2 • IP   flag post
For Google, you may need to have a webmaster's account, but I'm not sure. Cut and paste https://www.google.com/webmasters/tools/submit-url?q=http://YourDomainANDPageAsItAppearsInAddressBarGoesHere&hl=en&dqq (FOR EXAMPLE ONLY: The page I submitted for Top Batavia Real Estate Agent was as follows: https://www.google.com/webmasters/tools/submit-url?q=http://top-agent-finder.com/top-batavia-real-estate-agent-2/&hl=en&dqq Your domain name can get changed after you've entered the copied domain above and gone to the Google site. Just change the domain and page after the Google site pulls up and hit enter.)

For Bing: http://www.bing.com/toolbox/submit-site-url
Post 3 • IP   flag post
Forum Owner Belew private msg quote post Address this user
It's relatively easy to get first page ranking for a term that has not competition.

Also...it is true that the quicker you can 'get' high ranking the quicker it can disappear.

Also, keep in mind that when you search the term, the search engines remember that you searched and will display it for you.

Find someone from a different IP address in a different area to search and see what results they get.
Post 4 • IP   flag post
This is what has been a huge help with the agent site and has resulted in the stats I shared with you before. I'm hoping it will carry over to this new site. I'm going to be doing some trial and error but time will tell! The thing I like about this approach is that it creates SEO for a specific page and not just the site.
Post 5 • IP   flag post
I just searched "Top Batavia Real Estate Agent" from where I sit in sunny Sunnyvale.

I clicked through to page 5... didn't find you.

What site should I be looking for?
Post 6 • IP   flag post
@slaqjaw

Keep in mind that SEO for a page/post is not a one-time thing.

You can do the settings...headers, titles, tags and such ... but any result will be hard pressed to keep its ranking if it is not changed/updated from time to time ... unless no one EVER tries to compete.

Local rankings are relatively easy to own when there is no competition. Just don't tell your competition how you did it.

@Rev has a story about this here somewhere ... if I can dig it up.
Post 7 • IP   flag post
@slaqjaw

Here's @Rev's story about Hutchinson, KS and being king of SEO there.

Notice how I created a link to the thread rather than reposting it here.

Creating an internal link network is good SEO and never a one-time thing.
Post 8 • IP   flag post
The results will look like
Post 9 • IP   flag post
Page 2, number 4.
Post 10 • IP   flag post
Same as here. Obviously, page one would be better. Just need to focus on used search terms, build some web cross referencing and just keep tweaking. Using this on my agent site, SouthernOhioMLS, I've been able to grab the top spots for many school districts and the few subdivision pages I've created.
Post 11 • IP   flag post
@slaqjaw

Are you seeing organic results? Visitors from search?
Post 12 • IP   flag post
On my agent site, TONS of organic and visitors. We average 15 to 20 leads a week from people signing up to view real estate information. Visits from new and return average about 110 a day.
Post 13 • IP   flag post
@slaqjaw

I wonder... if you would mind giving me access to your google analytics..i'd love to use you as a case study for agents out here.
Post 14 • IP   flag post
The only concern is how Google has it attached to an email and uses the same password for analytics, email, youtube, docs etc. Would screen shots work?
Post 15 • IP   flag post
Teacher Rev private msg quote post Address this user
@slaqjaw

SEO is a funny duck. When we set up pages with specific titles involving a combination of keywords, and repeat those keywords multiple times in the page and then Google for that exact phrase we should expect it to come up near the top of the SERPs as soon as it is indexed, especially if it is a relatively unique combination of words.

That's good for our own ego, of course, but what really matters is those keywords, especially long-tail phrases, that people are actually going to search when looking for what you offer. This is true for local, national, or global search.

For this example, quickly off the top of my head, I would suspect Real Estate Agent Batavia OH is search far more than the phase originally proposed above. And for that phrase, the site seems to be invisible. How big is Batavia OH? How many real estate agents/offices does it have? You may have a little work ahead.
Post 16 • IP   flag post
@slaqjaw

Don't need your email.

at the top is ADMIN... you can add users and set see only.

Wcbelew at Gmail
Post 17 • IP   flag post
@Belew

You are so right. Done right, SEO is an on-going thing that never ends. Interesting to re-read my earlier post.

Just a small update... we now dominate in every relevant keyword and long-tail phrase I can think of. We have also pushed most of the competition returns off page one. This forum shows up once or twice, helping with that endeavor.

Hutchinson SEO is an easier term than many, but it's still a well-filled field. The principles I used, however, are universal.

Some wag recently suggested I should search for the only hutchinson seo expert so I did. Spots 1, 2, 3, and 4, and only one other actual competitor (non-related) site on page 1.

But, hey, this is Kansas, the real Old West, and some young SEO is gonna come along thinking he's faster and can shoot straighter and...

Post 18 • IP   flag post
@Rev The site is going to be a collection of individual pages with nitch markets. I'll have some broader market pages, but like my subdivision pages on my agent site have great SEO and visitor traffic due to it being a nitch, I'm going to be experimenting if I can do the same thing on the WordPress site for those searching for an agent. There will be specific communities like Batavia, but also larger areas like Cincinnati and also for area counties. The pages aren't hard to build after getting into the swing of it, but it will be interesting to see if they start pulling attention and then leads. Do you know where to place a Google analytics code on a WordPress site?
Post 19 • IP   flag post
@Belew got ya in. Should have received an email.
Post 20 • IP   flag post
@slaqjaw

If it is the free WordPress I don't think you can install.

self hosted... i use a WordPress plugin.
Post 21 • IP   flag post
Self hosted.
Post 22 • IP   flag post
@slaqjaw

Got the email. Thx!

Watch for your success story in a presentation near you.
Post 23 • IP   flag post
@Belew For Google analytics plugins, I'm seeing a lot of positive feedback for Google Analytics Dashboard for WP, but I'm also seeing Yoast. Any experience with either one?
Post 24 • IP   flag post
Install Plugin => Smart Google Analytics Code
Go to = Settings
Drop in GA code
Post 25 • IP   flag post
Top Contributor Steve private msg quote post Address this user
Isn't this simply a version of what all those SEO scammers used to offer ... we guarantee we'll get your business on the first page of Google...

As @Rev said... it's easy to get listed for seldom used keywords, it's however extremely hard to get listed for keywords that people actually use and that highly competitive.

Why don't you try the keywords @Rev suggested, and see if you can get listed in a day or two for them ... you might be on to something if you can.
Post 26 • IP   flag post
GA code goes in WordPress in exactly the same place it goes in any website, in the head section of a page. You can do this in one of three or more ways:

1) edit the PHP page code (not advisable because it won't survive core or theme updates.

2) add a plugin -- there are several -- and this is the easiest, unless

3) your theme supports it with an entry box in the configuration secton.

I like Woo Canvas for a number of reasons. This is one of them.
Post 27 • IP   flag post
@Steve I will have a couple of pages that I will be doing the wider area, however, I am also shooting at niche markets which has been extremely successful on my main real estate site. I've had people contact me for my home area of Amelia for which I've got a marker on Google maps. They are searching for agents for that specific area. Most agents are afraid on niche marketing and I hope it stays that way! There have been multiple times where I've ranked above Zillow, Realtor.com and Trulia in niche markets and my site visits and resulting leads show it.
Post 28 • IP   flag post
@slaqjaw

Watch out... we are likely to get you on a webinar to teach some others how you do this...without giving away the store, of course.
Post 29 • IP   flag post
Top Contributor Steve private msg quote post Address this user
@slaqjaw you seem to have an answer for everything ... yet you aren't showing us much... only thing I can see is a keyword search phrase that no one uses...

Show us all some broad search terms ...

Let me give you an example... try searching for website designs ... on google or bing ... last time I checked I was smack bang on the front page ... same with about 400 other search terms ...

@Rev is the SEO man ... suggest you take his advice or you can continue to blow your own trumpet which unfortunately isn't working ...

Almost everyone on this site, is some sort of expert ...
Post 30 • IP   flag post
29377 55 30
destitute