BillBelew.com
SEOSEO Advice

Almost Instant SEO positioning!1217

Top Contributor Steve private msg quote post Address this user
Isn't this simply a version of what all those SEO scammers used to offer ... we guarantee we'll get your business on the first page of Google...

As @Rev said... it's easy to get listed for seldom used keywords, it's however extremely hard to get listed for keywords that people actually use and that highly competitive.

Why don't you try the keywords @Rev suggested, and see if you can get listed in a day or two for them ... you might be on to something if you can.
Post 26 • IP   flag post
Teacher Rev private msg quote post Address this user
GA code goes in WordPress in exactly the same place it goes in any website, in the head section of a page. You can do this in one of three or more ways:

1) edit the PHP page code (not advisable because it won't survive core or theme updates.

2) add a plugin -- there are several -- and this is the easiest, unless

3) your theme supports it with an entry box in the configuration secton.

I like Woo Canvas for a number of reasons. This is one of them.
Post 27 • IP   flag post
Member slaqjaw private msg quote post Address this user
@Steve I will have a couple of pages that I will be doing the wider area, however, I am also shooting at niche markets which has been extremely successful on my main real estate site. I've had people contact me for my home area of Amelia for which I've got a marker on Google maps. They are searching for agents for that specific area. Most agents are afraid on niche marketing and I hope it stays that way! There have been multiple times where I've ranked above Zillow, Realtor.com and Trulia in niche markets and my site visits and resulting leads show it.
Post 28 • IP   flag post
Forum Owner Belew private msg quote post Address this user
@slaqjaw

Watch out... we are likely to get you on a webinar to teach some others how you do this...without giving away the store, of course.
Post 29 • IP   flag post
@slaqjaw you seem to have an answer for everything ... yet you aren't showing us much... only thing I can see is a keyword search phrase that no one uses...

Show us all some broad search terms ...

Let me give you an example... try searching for website designs ... on google or bing ... last time I checked I was smack bang on the front page ... same with about 400 other search terms ...

@Rev is the SEO man ... suggest you take his advice or you can continue to blow your own trumpet which unfortunately isn't working ...

Almost everyone on this site, is some sort of expert ...
Post 30 • IP   flag post

@Steve @slaqjaw isn't trumpeting SEO. He has had some success on his own targeting a very specific niche that is his main business ... real estate.

I don't think he professes to be an SEO expert. Indeed, I think he is sharing what has worked for him ... and I find that insightful ... though I think he would do better long term to follow @Rev.

@slaqjaw shared with me his Google Analytics (he and I go way back). I can see his success and he has agreed to let me use him as a case study.
Post 31 • IP   flag post
@slaqjaw @Belew perhaps its me then... if it is I apologize
Post 32 • IP   flag post
Member bdaoust private msg quote post Address this user
My rant on this page.

What is happening here? Is this a bid to find short cuts? It is like trying out for the World Series Champs but skipping all the practices and not bothering learning how to bat!

You won't win in the long, expect to be traded to a junior team and even then you will be disappointed.

There are no short cuts, just long hours and a lot of testing that takes place. Learn from the experts and implement what they have to say...I guess I am saying LISTEN and DO. @Rev is certainly someone that you should view as the home-run hitter.

Sorry for the baseball reference but the Toronto Blue Jays are doing so well!
Post 33 • IP   flag post
@bdaoust

Alright then... blog till you drop Bill says ... you CAN win in a very narrow market where nobody else is ... with minimal effort.

But if you want to play the game long term ... you'll need depth.
Post 34 • IP   flag post
@bdaoust

I spent my formative years -- most of them, anyway -- just across the pond from Toronto. Go Leafs! Go Jays! Argos, not so much. I was a TiCats fan.

To put a date stamp on it I left that neck of the woods just after Bower hung up his goalie pads. The two of us leaving seems to have robbed the Leafs of any further cup glory!

My last game was in goal for the Shelburne Town Council vs. the Shelburne High School hockey team. I racked up a shutout. At 47, I think I was two years older than Bower when he retired. Of course, he got paid for his time in goal. I never did. :o)
Post 35 • IP   flag post
Member morrnel private msg quote post Address this user
He's back! - Cornelius Fudge
I've been up to my earlobes in moving and certification.
I picked this thread because it was on the top of the list. Just updated moments ago.
I saw it was an excellent place to re-start when I found @Rev's Gene Pitney link, The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance
Post 36 • IP   flag post
@morrnel

Welcome back.

how's the new digs?
Post 37 • IP   flag post
Very nice. I wake up in the morning facing a wonderful sunrise peeking through a small forest. I feel like I'm in northern Minnesota.

Lots of mature trees. I need to take California Trees 101. If it's not a Norway Pine, Red Oak or a Sugar Maple, I don't know what I'm looking at.
Post 38 • IP   flag post
Member Davia private msg quote post Address this user
I need to change professions!
Post 39 • IP   flag post
@Rev Ah, there is more to the story. Yes, due to the type of market I am after, I do things a bit differently, but there are things behind the scenes that are very much the same. On my agent site, www.SouthernOhioMLS.com, the SEO pages I can build are a merge of a static content page and an always changing search result page. Google "oak hills school district homes for sale" and about the third from the top you'll see my website. Click on the link and you'll be taken to a page where there is content, with embedded local links and directly below is a constantly changing list of homes. By using the submission links in the earlier post it gets the newly created page immediately on Google's and Bing's radar. The changing content of new listings builds depth. I agree, there is no quick and easy fix. Yes, it requires continued work. However, as with anything, there can be new tools that can be used to be more effective. Try the following Google searches and look for where my site ranks, "Milford school district homes for sale" and "bristol lake homes for sale". It has proven very effective for the niche markets.

My one big encouragement for the group, don't ignore the niches. Most everyone else does. Lots of niche pages/posts can be a great boost. Extra work? Yep, however, fortunately for me, MAYBE 1% of real estate agents are really pursuing niches.

Why I posted this thread is to pick a few minds about transferring some of this to a new WordPress site that is a "stealth" site, i.e. no real estate company branding. The consumer itch I'm wanting to scratch is the potential home seller's desire to connect to an aggressive, experienced agent and not get stuck with a frustrated car salesman who decided to try real estate. Currently I am receiving those kinds of leads from a couple of sites to whom I have to cough up 25% of my paycheck when a lead closes. Both of those sites use paid ads for placement. I'd LOVE to get first page, organic placement and avoid any further bleeding from my wallet. I've pulled up the source codes on sites that I've Googled for top agents in wider and narrow geographic areas to get one idea of how they are getting the higher ranking. Then I look at their sites for other items, i.e. cross links, etc.

A lot of this is going to be time and constantly building pages/posts, and adding content, but I'll keep you posted and PLEASE keep the ideas flowing.

If you want to just see a sample of a page on my agent site for an example, try this one: http://www.southernohiomls.com/legendary-run-homes-for-sale.aspx
Post 40 • IP   flag post
@Davia

Why do you say that?
Post 41 • IP   flag post
@slaqjaw

Terrific advice: "My one big encouragement for the group, don't ignore the niches. Most everyone else does. Lots of niche pages/posts can be a great boost. Extra work? Yep, however, fortunately for me, MAYBE 1% of real estate agents are really pursuing niches. "

We all don't need 1000s or 10s of 1000s of visits. Just a 100 of the right ones will do, thank you.
Post 42 • IP   flag post
@belew because for me to understand this and put it into motion is to learn a whole new way of doing things. Finding the time is the issue as well as the funds
Post 43 • IP   flag post
@Davia

Niches and longtails and buzzwords, oh my!

Sometimes, when discussions get going on SEO it all sounds so techie and involved and expensive -- both in dollars and time commitment -- when, in fact, this doesn't have to be.

Trying to eek out the last drop of SEO oil can be a big commitment, of course. It's what the guys who charge the big bucks count on. And, done right, the results can be spectacular. But it isn't for everyone.

The good news is, there is an "everymans's" SEO that you can apply regularly, easily, and without much cost -- no money, and very little time. It's not a secret formula or a magic bullet. It's not a gimmick or a placebo, nor is it an absolute solution. It is just common sense, general practice, applied as you go.

The as you go part has to do with your other content development efforts. I think the common wisdom of this group is that content development is the key. Content should be wide, deep, often, relevant, authoritative, targeted, and regular.

If you learn just a handful or so of common in-content SEO practices you can develop great organic traffic. As @Belew suggests, it may be 100s, not 1000s or 10s of 1000s, but it will be the right 100s that actually matter. And that is better than just chasing numbers and hoping you get the traditional 1-3% shake-out.

I have committed to a webinar service to start doing weekly presentations, starting a week today, and this topic will be one of my earliest included in this series. Look for me at http://networklivevirtually.com/ -- you can sign up for announcements of my presentations on this page:

http://networklivevirtually.com/rev-stephen-b-henry-phd/
Post 44 • IP   flag post
Greetings @slaqjaw
I love niches. Always have. Always will.
Is your search term "oak hills school district homes for sale" an actual used phrase? Why did you choose it?
Post 45 • IP   flag post
@morrnel Yes, definitely searched phrases. I use to get 60% of the visitors from Craigslist but when they shut down active links, Craigslist visits fell through the floor. Interestingly, generic SEO has more than made up for the difference. It's a bit of a game trying to think as a home buyer, but if I was wanting to buy a home in a specific school district, subdivision or something like acreage or water front, what search terms would I plug in to search with?
Post 46 • IP   flag post
generic SEO = organic SEO.

And you are killing it in the niche marketing.

@slaqjaw has agreed to do a webinar for the forum here. We are working on the timing.

I'll be in on the Niche Marketing Webinar ... will you?
Post 47 • IP   flag post
Hi @Davia,
Having difficulty getting out of your comfort zone?

Keep this phrase "disruptive innovation" in your thought process.

Keep your thinking at the business level. The stuff you are learning here supports the business. Have you read Blue Ocean Strategy? A company that is disrupting the industry they are in is Zenefits.

Don't let all this overwhelm you. You don't need to know every tool and technique. Since you are the only one of in the medical records industry, only you can ask the question, "How does this help me get more clients"
Post 48 • IP   flag post
@Davia Love the phrase "disruptive innovation"!!! Davia, interesting website. Liked it. What would drive a Dr.'s office administrator to do a Google search? Would that be a good place to start in thinking about blog content?
Post 49 • IP   flag post
@morrnel @slaqjaw @Rev @Belew

Thank you all! Everyone's comments are very beneficial to me as they ask different questions I need to answer myself.

I think the issues is there is so much. I am the type of person give me a list of things to do and I go down the list and do them.

@Rev I have signed up for your webinar as well as Belew's

Good questions @steve and @slaqjaq.

I apologize for manipulating this post as it orginaly belonged to @slaqjaw
Post 50 • IP   flag post
@Davia A group like this is for throwing ideas around, so you are definitely welcome. Seeing my "@slaqjaw" now has me wanting to change that user tag....
Post 51 • IP   flag post
@slaqjaw

Thank you for your comments. I needed a blog post this afternoon and one grew out of this discussion. Gotta love the fringe benefits of discussion!

http://fromwebsitetowealth.com/articles/wizs-rules-for-business-success/
Post 52 • IP   flag post
@Rev Good blog.
Post 53 • IP   flag post
@Rev its amazing how many ideas you get from here and other places people talk openly ... ie meetups...
Post 54 • IP   flag post
@Steve @Rev

And even when they don't talk openly...say in inmails and such.
Post 55 • IP   flag post
29425 55 30
destitute