BillBelew.com
BloggingCareer AdviceFeedback

What's the hardest part about your job?1230

Forum Owner Belew private msg quote post Address this user
Happy Labor Day to those in the United States.

Every job has its easy and hard parts.

Of course, every person is different as well.

Some aspects of becoming a content marketer will come easy to some and hard to others.

How about you? What's the hardest part about being a content marketer?
Post 1 • IP   flag post
Member tienny private msg quote post Address this user
To increase the awareness in marketing content and make it findable is the hardest job.
Post 2 • IP   flag post
The hardest part for me is the commute.

6 steps to my home office in one direction. 3 steps to the refrigerator.

Too often the fridge wins.

All seriousness aside, the hardest part each day can be just getting started. Finding the motivation to work.
Post 3 • IP   flag post
Member lunar_ranger private msg quote post Address this user
@Belew I can see that as a problem working from home. There are of course distractions in the office, BUT there is nothing more distracting than the comforts of home.
Post 4 • IP   flag post
Member lunar_ranger private msg quote post Address this user
The hardest part of my job is the organizational aspect. I love the latitude for creative freedom, but its nice to have that tactical organization on the ground. On a strategic level "drifting" is the worst thing to have in an organization... the shiny object syndrome is just as risky for business as it is for dogs.
Post 5 • IP   flag post
The hardest part for me is the environment. I realize that a conducive environment plays a big role in me. I've been having a hard time accept this fact. Now, I learn to embrace it.
Post 6 • IP   flag post
@lunar_ranger

Unless your workplace brings the comforts of home to the workplace.

That happens a LOT here in the Bay Area.
Post 7 • IP   flag post
Teacher Rev private msg quote post Address this user
I believe I wrote in my Ten Steps book about my friend who had trouble "getting to work" in his home office. Same thing. Too many distractions. It just didn't seem like work.

He solved it by getting up, getting dressed like he was going out to a "real" job, getting in his car, driving to the coffee shop he used to frequent on his way to work, buying coffee and paper, driving back to his house and going into his office to begin his day.

A little unusual but it worked for him. You might think it is "too much like work!"
Post 8 • IP   flag post
@Rev

I am glad it worked for him.

That procedure would not work for me.
Post 9 • IP   flag post
@Belew

You'd probably end up spending the day at the coffee shop "chatting up" (as the Brits say) the pretty waitress! ;o)
Post 10 • IP   flag post
Member notyourmomscloset private msg quote post Address this user
The hardest part for me is maintaining focus on what I need to be doing. The internet offers way too many distracting things to get my attention, then comes this, "I'll just take a peek and come back to it moment", then I'm sure you know what happens. Then there's the cutest little hummingbirds feeding right outside my office window.
Post 11 • IP   flag post
@Rev

I would talk to the pretty waitresses...if only they'd talk back.

But they never do.

If I only I were 20 years younger ... okay, 30 years younger.

But that wouldn't make much different. I'd be 30 and still look like a 60 year old.
Post 12 • IP   flag post
@notyourmomscloset

Or the meanest cat you ever saw feeding on the hummingbirds.
Post 13 • IP   flag post
Member cm_hazelwood private msg quote post Address this user
I'm not working on a day job at the moment, but my last job was working with a small retail store as office assistant, doing the marketing on the side. The hard part was finding the time to do the writing, then trying to please the owner of the company. She is a nice woman, but I had a hard time figuring out where she was going.

Later, she said she had the same questions. I think she has tightened her focus, and I believe it will help her.

The other part of that particular job that was hard that it was a retail shop, and I had to be "on display" from the time I came in the door, always on my best behavior! Ah, that's not a bad thing, after all.
Post 14 • IP   flag post
Member cm_hazelwood private msg quote post Address this user
@lunar_ranger See my previous post. I think that was it--the organization.
Post 15 • IP   flag post
Teacher SusanDay private msg quote post Address this user
I've run several business from home over the years. My biggest problem is stopping work. I can't seem to shut off. I'd work day and night if I could. I love the flexibility of being able to come and go when I please. Start and finish when it suits me but I have difficulties relaxing in my own home.

It's been easier since we moved to the country though. The kangaroos and other wildlife are a somewhat healthy distraction though.
Post 16 • IP   flag post
@SusanDay

Totally get the unable to shut off mode.
Post 17 • IP   flag post
Top Contributor Steve private msg quote post Address this user
Shut off mode ...

does suck a thing exist if you work for yourself?

@Rev I still sometimes go for a drive when I am lacking motivation, simply going out, checking my PO Box and driving back as if you worked in an office... does help me refocus, well some of the time.
Post 18 • IP   flag post
What's a PO box? 8-)
Post 19 • IP   flag post
@Rev It does work for me to a certain degree.

@notyourmomscloset Internet does distract me.

Until someone pointed out to me to work in a conducive environment. Later on, I find out that he is right. My best can flourish in a conducive environment.
Post 20 • IP   flag post
Member KitK private msg quote post Address this user
To keep going when you are not seeing results yet.
Post 21 • IP   flag post
@KitK

Been there, felt that.
Post 22 • IP   flag post
Member bdaoust private msg quote post Address this user
@belew - we had labour day as well...lol
Post 23 • IP   flag post
Member bdaoust private msg quote post Address this user
@Belew - the hardest part of the job for me is getting out and getting the appropriate exercise. It is too easy to sit at the computer and write all day long...and then there is the marketing aspect as well...
Post 24 • IP   flag post
@KitK

That's what a good mentor is for! Groups and forums (like this one) help too.
Post 25 • IP   flag post
@KitK I can resonate with you.
Post 26 • IP   flag post
29378 26 26
destitute