BillBelew.com
Content CreationSEOSEO Advice

What's your opinion on low-text pages?1234

KitK private msg quote post Address this user
Do you find them hard to get organic results? I am currently working on a page that has a high amount of images and low amount of images. If you think it is bad for a website?
Post 1 • IP   flag post
Steve private msg quote post Address this user
The content on websites should be created for your target audience, if low text and lots of images meets their needs you are on the right track, if it doesn't you're on the wrong track.
Post 2 • IP   flag post
Belew private msg quote post Address this user
@KitK

There is a minimum amount of text required for a page/post to be indexed.

Images alone cannot be found.

If all your images have captions (visible), alt-txt, and descriptions (invisible) you can get by with minimum amount of text.

Does this answer make sense?
Post 3 • IP   flag post
KitK private msg quote post Address this user
My original question has an error (it should day high amount of image, low amount of text), but yes that makes perfect sense, Bill! I am going to put in the alt and title to the images.

By the way, I did not know that minimum amount of text. How much is that?

@steve you are right. I am targeting a small cluster of a fandom.
Post 4 • IP   flag post
@KitK

Captions are generally 2-4 words.

Alt-text can repeat the captions.

Image descriptions will be 15-20 words.

The actual text explaining the contents of the page, that is why there are so many images... go with a minimum 150 words and aim for 200 or so.
Post 5 • IP   flag post
Rev private msg quote post Address this user
@KitK

Even on a site that is nothing but images, you should be able to find ways to add pages which will index well and bring traffic. Set up one or more "about" pages, a contact page, a terms page, a definitions page, and a blog category where you periodically blog about the purpose of your site, and the various images to be found there. In no time at all you will have 100 mostly-text pages (always include at least one image on each) and you will see an increase in organic traffic.

It all depends on how much you are prepared to work for it and how creative you are willing to be.
Post 6 • IP   flag post
@Rev @KitK

These tips are spot on.
Post 7 • IP   flag post
SteveDolan private msg quote post Address this user
Seth Godin's blog posts are extremely short. It's more of a daily journal entry, however. Though I imagine his content is shared by by peers and read mostly by RSS feeds so I'm not sure how well it performs for search terms.
Post 8 • IP   flag post
@SteveDolan

Seth Godin doesn't need to worry about search. He has a very large crowd of subscribers waiting for his content.

When you have a ready audience who is waiting to be notified every time you publish the rules are different.

Example - if you are appealing to search, your titles tend to be clunky, heavy, searchabel.

if you want your waiting crowd to click thru and read, your titles tend to be clever and enticing.

Does this make sense?
Post 9 • IP   flag post
24991 9 9
destitute