BillBelew.com
Business AdviceVideo Production

Who does video marketing right?1248

Belew private msg quote post Address this user
Looks like I am going to be doing some videos.

Who do you know that does videos well?

Who is doing video marketing right?

Where can I learn?
Post 1 • IP   flag post
jycmba private msg quote post Address this user
Depends on your style - @Ileane can show you how to connect it with your blogging.

James Wedmore provides a lot of strategies.

Amy Schmittauer has her own flavor.
Post 2 • IP   flag post
@jycmba

That's the thing... I don't know my style.

So, I am exploring.

I have some limitations from the client.... but it's a free-for-all at this point.

Talking head. Talking head + graphics. Graphics only with talking in the background. Split screen. Filming me in front of a whiteboard. Filming the whiteboard while I talk.

or something else.

I am looking for what others are doing so that I can do something else. 8-) ...
Post 3 • IP   flag post
@Belew - just make sure that you have great audio.

People tend to focus on the camera and settings.. an imperfect picture is still forgiveable these days.

But they'll click away with crappy sound.
Post 4 • IP   flag post
morrnel private msg quote post Address this user
Do lots of videos of yourself and watch them. Practice lots
Post 5 • IP   flag post
KitK private msg quote post Address this user
I want to watch this thread because I REALLY want to do this too. My first language is not English, though and I think my spoken English is less than passable.
Post 6 • IP   flag post
KitK private msg quote post Address this user
I am wondering if you can utilize fiverr gigs for video marketing purposes. Anyone who had success on those?
Post 7 • IP   flag post
@KitK

You can get good work out of Fiverr...but never for just $5.

You most always have to go for the upsell.
Post 8 • IP   flag post
I agree with @Belew - don't be "that guy" who pay $5 expecting the moon.

Many go into sites like this and freelancing site with the idea of "exploiting" talent - BAD idea. Not just from a karmic sense but a business long view.

Think about it - if the goal is to build a sustainable business, you leave a bad taste in your VVA's (virtually virtual assistant's) mouth by paying them as little as possible for their skills and experience over time.

On the other hand - if we start viewing Fiverr and other sites as sources of connecting with help anywhere anytime, we're actually nurturing a global ecosystem to grow together.

Rather than giving away some of my best products and services I use Fiverr and the massive traffic it generates as a lead generator to attract potential clients for larger projects.

As Bill mentions, this has led to either upsells or custom offers for things I can get done in an hour for $30-80.
Post 9 • IP   flag post
If you think it costs a lot to hire an expert, wait till you see what it costs to hire an amateur.

It's still true ... you get what you pay for.
Post 10 • IP   flag post
@Belew - my main point is that anytime I hire someone on Fiverr I'm not asking "how can I get the most for my money?"

Instead I'm asking how can I partner with this Seller and help each other.
Post 11 • IP   flag post
@jycmba

You can find good ppl at Fiverr to create a partnership with.
Post 12 • IP   flag post
tienny private msg quote post Address this user
@jycmba How do you use Fiverr and the massive traffic to generate as a lead generator to attract potential clients for larger projects?

@belew How do you create partnership with the people from Fiverr?

What is the basic of partnership? I really need to learn about this well. My business partner and I have been struggling in this. We want to move forward.
Post 13 • IP   flag post
@tienny - a lot of the marketing is done for your, which is one of my favorite things for any tool

People go on Fiverr to get projects or tasks done.

As mentioned, some want the moon for little to nothing. That's not who I'm interested in working with.

Others understand that $5 is just a starting point for say 30 seconds of animation. But that price quickly goes up for something custom.

In the end I write the copy for my listings to attract those who understand that $5 is really how much it will cost you to get a sample of work.
Post 14 • IP   flag post
@jycmba How do you write the copy for your listings to attract those who understand that $5 is really how much it will cost to get a sample of work? How do I implement this into my sample work?
Post 15 • IP   flag post
@tienny - the easiest way is to look at other listings that are successful and decide what makes them work.

The harder way is to put yourself in the shoes of your ideal customer and see what questions they would have. Then answer them.

Think not only in terms of "per hour" earning & what you are be willing to offer $5 - but consider what additional services can you can offer beyond the typical "rush order for $10 extra" - maybe you can do different poses for a digital drawing or alternative versions of a video.

Basically consider what's a very basic offering than see what variations or bonuses that your ideal customer would value and likely pay you more for them.
Post 16 • IP   flag post
@jycma Thank you for your suggestions.
Post 17 • IP   flag post
26797 17 17
destitute