BillBelew.com
Business AdviceContent CreationLinkedIn

How To Apply to Become a LinkedIn Influencer1251

Belew private msg quote post Address this user
How do you apply to become a LinkedIn Influencer?

LinkedIn answers:

"There is no longer an application process for LinkedIn Influencer. LinkedIn Influencer is invitation-only..."

But ... if you really want to try to be an influencer on LinkedIn... you start publishing long-form content.

LinkedIn says:

"We're in the process of rolling this feature (long-form publishing) out to all members.

When you're able to publish long-form posts, you'll see a Publish a post button toward the top of your homepage. Click this, and you'll be taken through an introductory tutorial."

Gosh... to be an influencer, it appears that you have to create good content that, um, influences.

It all reverts back to old-fashion from the ground up hard work, eh?
Post 1 • IP   flag post
jycmba private msg quote post Address this user
@Belew - wow, I had no idea I was an "Influencer".. that Publish button just showed up and following your and @Steve 's lead I just started writing what I thought folks in my network might be interested in reading and possibly sharing!
Post 2 • IP   flag post
Steve private msg quote post Address this user
The problem with the appointed LinkedIn influencers is they are given an unfair advantage... in that everything they write is promoted endlessly on Pulse ... those using Long Form do not get this... hence the unfairness of the whole thing.
Post 3 • IP   flag post
@Steve

Yup. I agree. I brought that up when I was at LinkedIn.

I asked for a list of qualifications to be considered for influencer status.

Or maybe just influencer status to a niche.

I asked for some transparency so little people like me might challenge the big dogs.

The response was my points were valid...but they could not make any promises.
Post 4 • IP   flag post
@Belew - I wonder who the no kidding, no BS people are to talk with.. maybe I should ask my friend who does machine language programming for them..
Post 5 • IP   flag post
tienny private msg quote post Address this user
I've been using wordpress feature to publish to LinkedIn.
Post 6 • IP   flag post
bdaoust private msg quote post Address this user
@belew - yes, being an influencer means you have gone to the effort of publishing posts and also have more than just a few connections. I guess you have to do the work, then the rewards begin?
Post 7 • IP   flag post
@bdaoust

You must have something to influence people with (your depth) before you can influence.

Where's your depth lie?
Post 8 • IP   flag post
Thought this was worth a read -

LinkedIn Publishing Study: How Top Writers Get Featured on the Pulse
Post 9 • IP   flag post
Steve private msg quote post Address this user
@jycmba they have changed all of the rules for pulse ... I used to be featured more times than I didn't ... now it's almost impossible to be featured.
Post 10 • IP   flag post
@Steve - seems like they've gone the way of FB, Twitter & other platforms i.e. "pay to play"?
Post 11 • IP   flag post
24991 11 11
destitute