BillBelew.com
Belew SpeaksInspirationMotivation

How Many Times Have You Failed1257

Belew private msg quote post Address this user
I am reading a book and came across a statistic I thought I'd share.

90% of all first business attempts fail.

90% of all second business attempts succeed.

But...

80% of all business people who fail once never try again.

Instead of how many times have you failed, ought we not ask have you tried at least one more time than you failed?

How many times have you tried again?
Post 1 • IP   flag post
morrnel private msg quote post Address this user
Once I thought I made a mistake but I was wrong.
Post 2 • IP   flag post
From the same book.

“Stories are such a powerful driver of emotional value that their effect on any given object’s subjective value can actually be measured objectively.”

Some researchers spent $127 buying 'junk'. They created stories to go wit the objects and resold them for over $3500...or 27x the value they were purchased at.
Post 3 • IP   flag post
Rev private msg quote post Address this user
Pierre Berton, noted Canadian television personality, journalist, and non-fiction author, once took out a full page ad in a popular Canadian publication to prove a point about what had not yet been termed "content marketing". He employed carefully chosen words extolling the virtues of what he called the "Luscious Golden Crown", a plant that would grow almost anywhere, even in the harshest of conditions, and would rapidly spread to fill garden beds to overflowing with wonderful bright emerald plants with warm sunny blooms. For just $5.00 -- a somewhat significant price in the day -- you, too, could secure a packet of seeds. His point was proven as thousands of people filled out the order from included in the ad, mailing it along with their $5.00 to the address provided, for their packet of Taraxacum officinale seeds... the common dandelion.
Post 4 • IP   flag post
Steve private msg quote post Address this user
You only fail if you don't learn something during the journey.

I've had failed marriages, failed businesses, failed friendships, failed at dating, failed relationships, failed a driving test, failed ... you name it I have most likely failed at it, at some point.
Post 5 • IP   flag post
notyourmomscloset private msg quote post Address this user
I've always believed that I have learned far more from my failures. The trick is to not make the same mistake again. Sometimes that pledge not to do the same thing expecting different results worked and sometimes it took me a few times. Everything including success and failure has taught me a lot.
Post 6 • IP   flag post
lunar_ranger private msg quote post Address this user
Human evolution happens at the speed of change. The sort of person you evolve into is measured by how well you tend to your wounds after you fall.
Post 7 • IP   flag post
I actually have what I call a personal pity party. I get quiet, lick my wounds, maybe cry, whatever makes me feel better. Others are never invited. I always assign a time limit to it. Depending on what it is, I can hold a party for one hour, one day, one week, but never any longer than that. When I tell those who love me that I'm having a pity party, they respect that and leave me alone. That way it doesn't go on forever and become a blame game because I won't let it go.
Post 8 • IP   flag post
@notyourmomscloset

And how do you 'celebrate' at this party?
Post 9 • IP   flag post
@lunar_ranger

Are we talking about evolution of the cell or evolution of the soul?
Post 10 • IP   flag post
@Rev A cracked iPhone screen is more repairable than a soul...but probably just as expensive.
Post 11 • IP   flag post
"Two of the sorriest words in the English language, 'IF ONLY'."
-Bill Laing, Entrepreneur.
Post 12 • IP   flag post
@lunar_ranger

You don't repair the screen, you replace it. The soul, not so much.
Post 13 • IP   flag post
True... if only I purchased the "Extended Warranty Plan..." Regret is forever the enemy of potential.
Post 14 • IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Belew
@notyourmomscloset

And how do you 'celebrate' at this party?

Sometimes it requires a long hot luxurious bath, sometimes by doing nothing 'til the party is over, maybe even a glass of wine and just some time "alone".

Actually, I think the most appropriate would be, "I pout" because I could usually kick myself being harder on myself that anyone else could be.
Post 15 • IP   flag post
tienny private msg quote post Address this user
Too much mistakes. Now I need help.
Post 16 • IP   flag post
26104 16 16
destitute