BillBelew.com
FacebookLinkedInOrganic SearchSocial MediaTwitter

Conversion rates of different Social Channel1264

dmortaz private msg quote post Address this user
Neat infograph on convesion rates of different Social Channel. These are for PAID advertsing that someone has made a purchase after seeing a video! It's the last click attribution which is NOT a very good measure cause they might have seen the ad 10 times before they bought it.

Facebook leads the pack with 1.85%.

https://www.shopify.com/blog/12731545-which-social-media-platforms-drive-the-most-sales-infographic

What do you guys think? Still want to blog only?
Post 1 • IP   flag post
Steve private msg quote post Address this user
"What do you guys think? Still want to blog only?"

Depending on which stats program I use I am currently generating in excess of a million page views a month ... I have tens of thousands of unique visitors, a growing mailing list... my social media channels are all growing and extremely active... and best of all I have a waiting list of people wanting to use my services and all prepared to pay a premium. I'm also recognized as one of the worlds leading influencers in a couple of fields now ...

And this can only ever get better?

Perhaps a better question is why would I not want to continue to do what I am doing ...
Post 2 • IP   flag post
morrnel private msg quote post Address this user
Key is to put money in the bank. Either method is not the best. Key point I read from @steve is that he has people waiting to spend money.

@dmortaz is your methodology putting money in the bank?

Each method has a cost which includes your time. Your time is not free.
Post 3 • IP   flag post
Belew private msg quote post Address this user
The infographic mentioned in the open opening thread on conversion rates of social channels.

Post 4 • IP   flag post
lunar_ranger private msg quote post Address this user
I really hate Facebook.
Post 5 • IP   flag post
@lunar_ranger

Pray tell. Why do you hate it so much?
Post 6 • IP   flag post
Steve private msg quote post Address this user
Here is a message I received today... this is free advertising for me and is priceless in that it builds my authority with a whole new audience at no cost to me, and all because of an article on my blog.

Hi there,

I work with Docurated, an enterprise productivity and document management solution with a simple, visual way to find, organize, and consume content. I wanted to reach out and let you know that we've just released our list of “50 Online Learning Resources for Creating a Marketing Plan: The Best Articles, Templates, Tutorials, Courses, and More,” and you've made the list.

Congratulations! You can see the full list here:

http://www.docurated.com/all-things-productivity/marketing-plan-resources

It would be great if you'd share this news internally and/or with your audience on social media. You can find us on Twitter @docurated.

Thanks so much for your time, and congratulations again!

Angela Stringfellow

Think I am down at 37 ...
Post 7 • IP   flag post
bdaoust private msg quote post Address this user
@Steve

Congrats!
Post 8 • IP   flag post
@lunar_ranger,
You will soon get to officially Dislike Facebook and anyone else you wish!
Post 9 • IP   flag post
@morrnel Indeed!
Post 10 • IP   flag post
@Belew I like it for personal use... it gives me the illusion that I am more popular than I really am.

For my employers business it has never been terribly effective. Wrong audience and messaging platform I suppose for a company to reach major brands, not for major brands to reach consumers.
Post 11 • IP   flag post
@lunar_ranger

I grew my Facebook friend base to 1000+ and got so frustrated because I was seeing updates I didn't care abt.

One day I started unfriending everyone I didn't know or care and whittled it down to 200 ish. Now I actually enjoy going to my FACEBOOK feed from time to time.
Post 12 • IP   flag post
I could care less about my personal account...people come and go and mute most people. I would really like to know how I can more effectively use Facebook for business... its been a big, black hole of wasted "potential" for me.
Post 13 • IP   flag post
@lunar_ranger

We don't do business with family and friends.

Who's on Facebook?
Post 14 • IP   flag post
I don't unfriend anyone except one, just stop their feed if not interested. I have unfriended exactly one person as he became a real jerk several years ago during the 2008 presidential election.

LinkedIn is getting like Facebook with way too much in the feed. I just turn them off.
Post 15 • IP   flag post
@belew,
Who's on Facebook? Other people's friends.
Post 16 • IP   flag post
Rev private msg quote post Address this user
There are a lot (LOT!) of solopreneurs and work-from-home businesses on facebook. If that's your market it's a good place to interact.
Post 17 • IP   flag post
Not our market. Its good for high level awareness... just not opening discussions with brands.
Post 18 • IP   flag post
There are becoming so many social media /internet tools.
One needs to look at all the options available and decide which work best and why.
Post 19 • IP   flag post
@morrnel

If there were one right answer to the question - which is best - or which combination is best - everybody would be doing it that one right way.

But they aren't... because there isn't.
Post 20 • IP   flag post
xZachery. That is my point. Just look on this forum to see how many ways people are putting money in the bank.
Post 21 • IP   flag post
Actually you can use Facebook to your advantage, if you want to attract your target audience. I use Fan pages and Facebook Groups to do my marketing. The personal page, that is where I interact with friends.

You have to look beyond the idiots and get to the meat. Figure out the best place to connect with your audience. I have had many subscribers to my work based on my Fan pages and groups to which I belong.
Post 22 • IP   flag post
@bdaoust

Curious to know how you know who came to do what from Facebook.
Post 23 • IP   flag post
I usually send them to a specific page - that way I know where they came from - plus a few little things on the offers - each platform is a different audience -
Post 24 • IP   flag post
@bdaoust, what is an excellent resource for a Facebook ad strategy?
Post 25 • IP   flag post
KitK private msg quote post Address this user
I had small success with Facebook ads. It was a short experiment, with just around 50$ budget but CTR was astounding, to the point where all my ads had a relevancy score of 10. I will do the same this holiday season and report the result.
Post 26 • IP   flag post
@Kit would love it if you were to share a bit. I'm in info gathering mode.
Post 27 • IP   flag post
@KitK how much money did you make on that $50?
Post 28 • IP   flag post
@morrnel

I have tons of ebooks and other stuff but here is an infographic that can be added to your collection, it a template set but it may give you some ideas.

Post 29 • IP   flag post
Thanks @bdaoust, it is a bit hard to read. Do you have a link to a larger size?
Post 30 • IP   flag post
26797 41 30
destitute