BillBelew.com
Belew SpeaksHumor

Have You Heard of Influencer List Marketing?1268

Forum Owner Belew private msg quote post Address this user
Have you heard of influencer list marketing?

Probably not. I just made the term up. Somebody else may have already made the term up. If so, I don't know who they are.

What is influencer list marketing?

Influencer list marketing is when someone, a site, site owner decides to make a list of all influencers they respect in their niche.

15 of these, 22 of those, 50 of them ... that sort of thing.

The list creator then touts that list as loudly and broadly as possible taking especial attention to call out to the people they have put on the list.

Why... they hope that the people on the list they created will, in turn, tell everyone they know ... "Hey, look at this list I am on."

It's another kind of link-bait. Legitimate at times, to be sure.

A bigger question to ask is who is creating the list? And why should I care?

If I am on Joe Bum's list, then what?

There's nothing wrong with being on a list. Call it social proof. Call it recognition for work well done.

But, what I want is not to be on someone else's list ... I want people to ask, "Bill, who's on your list?"

Big difference.

Post 1 • IP   flag post
Member morrnel private msg quote post Address this user
It's not about who you know. It's all about who knows you.
Post 2 • IP   flag post
Member bdaoust private msg quote post Address this user
Nice to be on a list, but who really cares? It is your personal list that is more important, they most likely know you.

What lists have you been placed on lately?

Me I have been promoted to Diamond author on eZineArticles - maybe that will help me market my stuff?
Post 3 • IP   flag post
Congrats on the promotion.

What will that get you.

I am on Santa's list.
Post 4 • IP   flag post
Member bdaoust private msg quote post Address this user
@belew

In theory, credibility, but then again I rarely get coal in my stocking either.
Post 5 • IP   flag post
Teacher SusanDay private msg quote post Address this user
I wannabe on Santa's list too 🎅
Post 6 • IP   flag post
@SusanDay

Which one? Naughty or nice?
Post 7 • IP   flag post
Top Contributor Steve private msg quote post Address this user
Isn't everything to do with perception, lists simply reinforce you as some sort of authority figure... and that's never a bad thing.

Was writing an article this week about name dropping in blog posts, as a lot of influencers can now track down a simple mention... and will often come visit, and as they are just like everyone else, they want their audience to know they are doing well.
Post 8 • IP   flag post
Teacher SusanDay private msg quote post Address this user
Well, @Belew , that might depend on if I want a prezzie or to uphold my reputation as the "bad" nanna 😜
Post 9 • IP   flag post
Member morrnel private msg quote post Address this user
Being on a list is not always a good thing. Monday evening I received well over 200 calls nonstop from 5:30 pm on because "Dancing with the Stars" published the wrong toll free number for voting for the best dance couple.

Would you like one lump or two lumps of coal?
Post 10 • IP   flag post
Member KitK private msg quote post Address this user
I am actually on the process of compiling the biggest influences in my topic, but so far, I only established friendly relationship with only one. (I have sent quite a few emails introducing myself to the blog owner LOL)

It seems that many marketers have this stingy mindset that treats someone in the same niche as a competitor. I for one started like that, but then I realized, why compete for a faction of a pie if you can work together to get the whole?

But I digress.

Yes, I read an expert list article is really good for building credibility and let the influencers know you exist.

Let me get that article for those who are interested...

Here it is

http://www.matthewwoodward.co.uk/tutorials/crowdsource-blog-content/
Post 11 • IP   flag post
29742 11 11
destitute