BillBelew.com
Business AdviceContent Creation

Strategizing Content for Baby Boomers1279

Forum Owner Belew private msg quote post Address this user
Baby boomers spend more time reading online than millennials.

Baby boomers have more money than millennials.

Baby boomers spend more time and money online than Generation X.

Do you have the baby boomer in mind when you create content?

Post 1 • IP   flag post
Member lunar_ranger private msg quote post Address this user
Focus, content on possessing, obtaining, or maintaining youth, allay or touch feelings of financial insecurity, espouse family values or the family dynamic, and give them an aspirational/individualistic model and you're good almost.
Post 2 • IP   flag post
Teacher Rev private msg quote post Address this user
I suspect millennials understand boomers about as well as boomers understand millennials. In fact, I suspect boomers might be able to handle the necessary extrapolation a little better.

That said, what boomers actually want might surprise most non-boomers. Perhaps non-boomers could post their list of what they expect we want.
Post 3 • IP   flag post
Member lunar_ranger private msg quote post Address this user
I see an aging population, edging closer to retirement amidst increasingly unstable financial markets. Baby boomers had bigger families than my generation, they also are the tail end of what I call the dreamer generation (where American exceptionalism, seemingly unlimited opportunity and prospects, material gains, traditional values and conservatism were at the forefront of consciousness).
Post 4 • IP   flag post
Forum Owner Belew private msg quote post Address this user
@Rev @lunar_ranger

The old understand the young and vice versa much like men and women understand each other.

Someone should write a book about that!
Post 5 • IP   flag post
Member morrnel private msg quote post Address this user
My reaction to the chart was, "so what?" No date, no numbers.

The term "consuming content" is a fancy term for reading.

But just what should this data really mean? Does it in some way relate to spending money?
Post 6 • IP   flag post
Teacher Rev private msg quote post Address this user
@morrnel

Exactly. Just one more pot full of meaningless averages. Why do you think closing rates on most promotional methods, including mailing lists and social media, are posted in the low single digits? Because they are AVERAGES and so many people are doing it poorly, thus pulling those averages down dramatically.

If you promote correctly the published numbers are meaningless. While averages are low single digits, your numbers can approach 50% or higher. Court the right people in the right fashion and you will close at least every second person you talk to.

Next.
Post 7 • IP   flag post
Member tienny private msg quote post Address this user
@belew Thanks for the statistics. Too much computer usage really drains me. 💨 I wonder which category so I belong to?
Post 8 • IP   flag post
29378 8 8
destitute