BillBelew.com
Business AdviceVideo Production

How to Get Over Being Camera Shy1289

Belew private msg quote post Address this user
I realized today that I am camera shy.

I have been tasked with creating a series of videos and besides the busy schedule and a sick daughter, I realized today that I am camera shy.

It's going to pretty tough to make a video if I don't get in front of the camera. No argument there.

Maybe I could start with a screen share and just narrate from behind.

How have you gotten over being camera shy?

Got tips?
Post 1 • IP   flag post
Davia private msg quote post Address this user
@belew,

Pretend you are speaking to one of us. Or you can video yourself while you conference in a friend etc. That way you are not concentrating on the technical side you are just relaying information.

My question is do you think a video of yourself on the website are really helpful?

Finally have a ghost writer so now to come up with ideas. Great idea for another thread
Post 2 • IP   flag post
Jonnner private msg quote post Address this user
@Belew

One of the instructional videos ... about making inbound marketing videos ... suggested the following. Shoot a video of yourself every day for 10 days; just a few minutes...always on the same topic. Do not post any of these. At the end of the 10 days .. watch them all and take notes about what you liked and did not like. By then you will likely be more relaxed.

Hope this helps.
Post 3 • IP   flag post
@Jonnner

That's a super tip!! Thanks.
Post 4 • IP   flag post
@Davia

Making videos is not something I would normally do.

But when a client asks and pays I am game.

Besides it is worthwhile to learn how. And why not try something else? I like experimenting to learn what works and what doesn't.

Congrats on getting a writer!
Post 5 • IP   flag post
morrnel private msg quote post Address this user
I'm not certain why you think you are camera shy, @Belew. You've done several videos already.

or... start your video emails
Post 6 • IP   flag post
SusanDay private msg quote post Address this user
I hate it. Best of luck.
Post 7 • IP   flag post
Rev private msg quote post Address this user
I guess in the sense that an alcoholic will always be an alcoholic even when they stop drinking, I am a very shy person. When I was very young I was the kid they talked about when they said "hiding behind his mother's skirts".

Later, when I studied theater, and I had to go out on stage in front of a real audience, I was terrified. The sweat running down your spine kind of terrified. Then I listened in on one of Michael Caine's workshops and learned a trick he recommended.

You approach the stage to make hour entrance. Pause for a brief moment and take a breath. Become the character you will play. You are only shy if that character needs to be shy. Now step onto the stage.

Worked for me. Somewhere along the line -- I couldn't tell you when -- it became easier and I forgot about shy.
Post 8 • IP   flag post
tienny private msg quote post Address this user
@Rev Thanks for the tips. Even I have camera shy too.
Post 9 • IP   flag post
25137 9 9
destitute