BillBelew.com
BloggingBusiness AdviceContent CreationGenerate Content IdeasWordPress

Poor man's content curation ! RSS Plugin1293

Member dmortaz private msg quote post Address this user
Hi Folks,

Is there an RSS plugin that allows me to filter the news feed by keywords (or category) and then post the results to a post or page on our site as unique URL.

It's like content curration but without paying the massive subscription fee of $67 per month.

Thanks
Post 1 • IP   flag post
Member dmortaz private msg quote post Address this user
I discussed some more background info with Bill that I wanted to share in this thread as well.

I found a 2 year old domain that is ONLY using 3rd party content (NO blog or other content on the sitemap ANYWHERE) and they have taken 2 spots on the 1st page of Google competing with Nasdaq with 1.2M indexed pages for the same keywords! They have only 6,800 of 3rd party content that appears as individual URLs at the end of their domain; just like a post.

I know we all believe in original content here, but this should be treated as duplicate content by Googlebot and it's not. How else could they be ranked like this?

That's why I am looking for RSS feed to see if I can find relevant content that can be turned into post on our domain as well.
Post 2 • IP   flag post
Teacher Rev private msg quote post Address this user
@dmortaz

Look for a plugin called WP RSS Aggregator and then have a look at this page or this page or this page to see it in action.

At least one of those sites includes this forum.
Post 3 • IP   flag post
Forum Owner Belew private msg quote post Address this user
@dmortaz

Have you checked into PLR - Private Label Rights?
Post 4 • IP   flag post
I made an offer in my earlier presentation today regarding PLR and I'll pass it along here (if Bill permits). I'll gladly send anyone who wants a list of five or six PLR sources.

These are affiliate links (so I get a few dimes if you purchase anything -- but it doesn't cost you any more -- no sense leaving money on the table).

They are all vetted. Each is a source from which I have purchased (and would/will again) and which provides good quality content. If you tell me the areas you are interested in I will only send sources that offer suitable material for your needs.

Send me an email if you want a list: therev@ourhutch.com
Post 5 • IP   flag post
@Rev

Permission granted! That's what this forum is for. Readers and sharers to benefit alike!

Thanks for asking. That's great form!
Post 6 • IP   flag post
@Belew

Well, I could have asked before I posted and waited for the answer but, hey, sometimes easier to seek forgiveness later than to wait for permission first.

I was pretty sure, based on experience here, anyway...
Post 7 • IP   flag post
@Rev

When relationships are built, forgiveness is not needed where well-earned boldness is displayed.

Thanks for sharing!
Post 8 • IP   flag post
29137 8 8
destitute