BillBelew.com
BloggingGenerate Content Ideas

How to decide when to create another blog?1330

Belew private msg quote post Address this user
So many ideas but just one blog site.

How do you decide to put all your content on one sitem or it is time to open a new site?

Is there a good way to decide from the outset how many sites you need? Or can you include everything you have to offer on just one site?
Post 1 • IP   flag post
I got asked this question today.

Should I do one site? Should I do? Or even 3? How can I decide?

The answer I give is each site should be abt something you have 1000 things you can say. Within the site you can have 10-12 categories max. And a category is something you have 100 things you can write about.

Of course these numbers are estimates.

If you have a topic burning inside that you could write endlessly about... go ahead, start another site.

There's nothing wrong with one site having 1000 or 2000 or more articles as long as the topic stays focused. In time you might even have a robust category that could have been a stand alone site.

But to decide if you need one two or more sites, ask yourself how many posts you could write on the topic.
Post 2 • IP   flag post
tienny private msg quote post Address this user
Obviously I csn't manage so many sites. I'm not a super-being.
Post 3 • IP   flag post
MLHarris private msg quote post Address this user
Thanks for the wonderful answer Bill. So many people think one blog for every topic it then becomes overwhelming.
Post 4 • IP   flag post
@MLHarris

No need to spread yourself too thin.

It's a tactic of the devil - if the devil can't stop you from doing good, he'll give you so much 'good' to do that you don't get anything done right.

Thanks for the kind words!
Post 5 • IP   flag post
tienny private msg quote post Address this user
@belew You have a point
Post 6 • IP   flag post
Steve private msg quote post Address this user
My answer is all to do with target audience ... if your audience is the same, one blog is fine... if your audience is different then you need two or more blogs ... so that you keep your content focused on your audiences needs and wants.
Post 7 • IP   flag post
25019 7 7
destitute