BillBelew.com
Belew SpeaksInfluencer MarketingInspirationSocial Media

What's the ROI on Influencer Marketing?1340

Belew private msg quote post Address this user
Influencer marketing is when you pay somebody to tell their somebodies that you are somebody.

The ROI on Influencer marketing according to this report ...

"Businesses are making $6.50 for each $1 spent on influencer marketing, with the top 13% earning $20 or more. A resounding 70% are earning $2 or more, with the rest either breaking even or failing to generate a return on investment."

For every $1 spent on getting the right influencer to market your product ... you can double that investment... or multiply that investment by 6.5!

The questions then become ...

Are you looking for the right influencer to help you to market?

Or

Are people looking for you?
Post 1 • IP   flag post
bdaoust private msg quote post Address this user
@Belew - one would hope they are looking for you..but in reality..we all need those influencers. Just finding them takes time and effort, and you have to be willing to put in that effort along with all your other tasks.
Post 2 • IP   flag post
@bdaoust

I disagree on the 'we all need those influencers.'

You may be right ... and I might be better off to go look for someone/s but I am not going to do it.

I am not in need of an influencer. I have people asking me to be their influencer. That's what I want.
Post 3 • IP   flag post
@Belew

For those people just starting out - they need the influencer. For those of us that have been around for awhile. well we are the influencers. Just need to connect those dots...
Post 4 • IP   flag post
@bdaoust

I still disagree.

For those just starting out, they first need to establish themselves as somebody the 'influencer' would want to exercise their influence for.

Too many people reach out BEFORE they should.

Why should I, or anybody for that matter, want to exercise my influence for somebody.

First, do the hard work of being someone worthy, then reach out if need be. But if you do the hard work, you will quickly become an influencer instead of an influencer seeker.

Thoughts?
Post 5 • IP   flag post
SusanDay private msg quote post Address this user
Being an influencer can happen by accident sometimes. When I was starting my dog training business I quickly became the 'go to' person about anything relating to dogs. I was often called the "dog lady" (in the nicest way, of course).

My dog was (still is) very well trained and people loved him. They thought it was magic to see him train. Yet it was just hard work and perseverance, as you are often reminding us, Bill.

It took me by surprise but my business grew quickly.
Post 6 • IP   flag post
@SusanDay

Are you still training dogs?

Can you teach this old dog some new tricks?
Post 7 • IP   flag post
SusanDay private msg quote post Address this user
Lol...
I moved to the country last year and left my dog training centre behind but already people up here are asking me for help.

You can teach any creature to do anything at any age if you have the right treats (motivation). If dried liver is not your thing ... try something else 😉
Post 8 • IP   flag post
@Belew

True, just like the publishing business, people want to have the big publisher and the advance without establishing themselves as an author...But...most people will not do the work..they want the easy way out...

So the bottom line is I agree with you...but what do you do with the lazy people?
Post 9 • IP   flag post
@bdaoust

The lazy people will never be influencers nor will a real influencer be interested in working with them. Just leave theM be I say.

Unless they have a boat load of money. But then most lazy people don't have money either.
Post 10 • IP   flag post
Steve private msg quote post Address this user
Being an influencer doesn't mean much ... other than that you can charge more, attract better clients... and people tend to listen to you more because of some perceived believe that you are someone that they should listen to.

It takes real work and I mean real work to become an influencer and then a little luck, depending on how much recognition and over what area you want to achieve.

For instance, it's possible to be an influencer in just your local community... and many priests and school teachers used to be in bygone days.

My journey to becoming an influencer took me twenty one years ... of using the Internet and marketing, but it also took another fifteen years before that, working in the real work in many large businesses...

Just my ramblings I guess, since I've been quiet here for a few weeks.
Post 11 • IP   flag post
you can charge more, attract better clients... and people tend to listen to you more

These seem to be pretty good reason to me... though there are more beyond these.
Post 12 • IP   flag post
25137 12 12
destitute