BillBelew.com
BrainstormingFeedbackNetworking

What to Consider when Branding or Rebranding1346

Forum Owner Belew private msg quote post Address this user
Thinking out loud here ...

When most people go into the corner and hang out with a select few to brainstorm, I am inclined to turn the other way ... open up and ask anybody and everybody their opinion.

Too transparent? Maybe.

I am working on branding, re-branding of my site.

I know nobody can tell me what to think. But perhaps you can tell me what I should be thinking about.

What are the considerations for branding, rebranding?

What does your checklist look like?

Got ideas?
Post 1 • IP   flag post
Member tienny private msg quote post Address this user
Good question.

Branding and rebranding is to give a different values to others.
Post 2 • IP   flag post
Teacher Rev private msg quote post Address this user
There is visible branding -- look, feel, layout, logo, name, Wilby -- and conceptual branding -- what you say, present, endorse, encourage. When the two match you have a winner.

I would start with the latter, frame it, structure it, outline it, plan it, but not too much. It needs to keep your personality IF you are going to be the focus or a big part of it (a la Steve Jobs, Bill Gates, Jeff Bezos). Then craft the former to support it.

Many people start with the logo as central to their brand and then build around it. For me this is wrong. Build from the conceptual and the right logo will appear.
Post 3 • IP   flag post
@Rev I like the created @belew characters. What do you think?
Post 4 • IP   flag post
@tienny

They are excellent. I bet you could find work creating themed, positioned, characters for other site owners. A package of several key positions, standing, presenting (at podium, with pointer, etc.) shrugging, sitting, leaning, sitting against wall, reading, at computer, etc.

Create roughs -- templates from which you could create finished poses once you had a character's specific look.

Salable.
Post 5 • IP   flag post
Teacher SusanDay private msg quote post Address this user
I created a series of cartoon images for my new blog. They are based on the main character from my books, Astro. I like your ideas @Rev Thank you for sharing them. I'd love to get paid to do them one day. That would be awesome.
Post 6 • IP   flag post
@SusanDay

Where can we see your new blog?
Post 7 • IP   flag post
Teacher SusanDay private msg quote post Address this user
Here you go @Rev http://susanday.net/
and here's the link to my illustrations http://www.susandayauthor.com/susans-illustrations.html

Love to hear your feedback!
Post 8 • IP   flag post
@Rev Thanks
Post 9 • IP   flag post
29622 9 9
destitute