BillBelew.com
Content Marketing

What's '16 leading online marketing trend?1350

Steve private msg quote post Address this user
I was recently interviewed and asked this question

What will be the leading online marketing trend for 2016?

This was my answer .... how would you have answered it.

In 2016 I believe content marketing will finally evolve as businesses everywhere realize the importance of it but also start to understand that there are no short cuts to content marketing success.

Over the last few years I have watched business after business try and jump on the content marketing wagon without wanting to get involved in content creation, instead their main focus is on content curation or the sharing of other people’s content. Why? Because it is easier to do, takes less work and they generate some benefits.

In 2016 I believe many businesses will finally start to shift their mindset to one of active involvement in their own content creation and audience engagement, especially with much more customer centric content being created.

Once we start to see this shift the next will be an increase in the importance of social media as the main source of website traffic for many businesses. Businesses can achieve this at relatively low cost simply by promoting their own content via their own social media channels, this will decrease the strangle hold of Google as more and more businesses generate many more visitors from social media than they ever did from Google.

So how would have answered it?
Post 1 • IP   flag post
SusanDay private msg quote post Address this user
Great response @Steve
Post 2 • IP   flag post
Tonyyakovlev private msg quote post Address this user
I believe we'll see rapid development of 'smaller' social networks in 2016. The importance of facebook will continue decreasing, while the number of people involved in local or thematic networks will be enlarging.
Post 3 • IP   flag post
tienny private msg quote post Address this user
@Steve Besides producing content, do you go out to meet people?
Post 4 • IP   flag post
@tienny Yes... I meet lots of people
Post 5 • IP   flag post
feedster private msg quote post Address this user
I agree. Content Marketing meets Social would be how I describe it. That is why we are building Feedster back into a Social Content Marketing engine/blog site.

Content Marketing build your audiences buy in to your message more than any other medium out there!

Good reply. Look forward to reading more in this forum.
Post 6 • IP   flag post
Belew private msg quote post Address this user
I have been thinking on this and still don't have an answer. Hmmm....

The big guys are going to keep getting bigger. But their 'solutions' will not serve the little guy.

Good content will remain king. Diligence will be queen. Social networking tools are just princes.

There are likely to be social networks that form around niches...

Example. Some Facebook and linkedin groups are large enough to be their own destinations.someone will create a tool for these groups to function better off the parent sites.

Naturally I have an affinity to user generated content. Everybody wants UGC and some are quite successful at it but nobody is setting up shop and teaching the little guy how. There's an opportunity.

Influencer marketing is a great opportunity as well.
Post 7 • IP   flag post
@Steve How did you manage your work and meet people?
Post 8 • IP   flag post
@tienny I run three meetup groups, I go to a lot of business networking events, I've sat on various boards... I do a lot of email marketing... I am basically known locally ... and love me or hate me... lots and lots of people know of me and as a result I am often asked for coffee.... etc.
Post 9 • IP   flag post
@Steve Wow
Post 10 • IP   flag post
here is the link to the finished article, lots of predictions here...

Leading Online Marketing Trends for 2016 - Predictions

Do you agree with them all, disagree?
Post 11 • IP   flag post
I may not agree with all. Throughout my observations, more people are turning to free stuffs. Fewer people buys from paid media. How would people earn passive income?
Post 12 • IP   flag post
26016 12 12
destitute