BillBelew.com
Business AdviceEmail Marketing

What do I do with 100K real email addresses?1351

Forum Owner Belew private msg quote post Address this user
Somebody wants to give me 100K real email addresses. They were given to him by people who opted in. He and I are losely partnered in a venture.

He doesn't know how to do email marketing or just doesn't want to. He says I can have the liat.

Should I take it? What's the best way to handle this?
Post 1 • IP   flag post
Member nicosuccess private msg quote post Address this user
@Belew

Upload the list into FB,create an audience and target. Assuming he can tell you what interests the list have.
Post 2 • IP   flag post
@nicosuccess

Not sure what you mean by or how to upload into Facebook.

Can you explain this a bit more please?
Post 3 • IP   flag post
They are all small business owners.
Post 4 • IP   flag post
Member Retortal private msg quote post Address this user
Visit Retortal and become a reseller which is free.

If you have a B2B email list (specifically small business owners) then we have the most exciting marketing tool for your company. A fully white labelled social media dashboard branded as your company with your adverts running throughout. If the client stays as a free user they see your branding and your advertising. If they upgrade you make a residual income. We can tell you exactly who clicked on the banners advertising your other services. To find out more get in contact today.
Post 5 • IP   flag post
@Retortal

As useful as your service may be you come across as very sales-y here.

Rather ... can you share a case study or two of someone who has used your site and how it worked out for them.

Jumping in and asking us to jump off is rather poor form.
Post 6 • IP   flag post
Member Lenderman33 private msg quote post Address this user
Hi @Belew,

I can show you what to do.

1. Sounds too good to be true - How exactly was this email address list created?
2. Did your friend purchase these email addresses?
3. Are you recieving them for free?

There is nobody . . . Truly . . . Nobody I know, who knows how to use an email list . . . Who would actually give one away for free. A 100k email list is extremely valuable and very challenging to create.

If this is all legitimate, I can show you exactly what to do and how to do it.

Erik
Post 7 • IP   flag post
@Lenderman33

I will take you up on this.

This guy has created the list from doing multiple events. He has accumulated 100K (so they say) but never follows up on it.

These are all people who have opted in over time to attend his live events. His manager says they never use them. They just start over each time. Many may be 'dead' emails. I don't know.

But she says I can have the list. I just need to figure out how to use it ... legitimately, of course.

We all hate spam.

I am meeting her for lunch today to get the list. ... plus she will give me access to her list of 50K (so she says) as well.

100K is business owners.
50K is real estate focused.
Post 8 • IP   flag post
Member notyourmomscloset private msg quote post Address this user
You know the old saying, "If it sounds too good to be true"? If she's legit I'd grab that in a heartbeat and run before she changes her mind.
Post 9 • IP   flag post
Hi @Belew,

Thank you for your reply!

Let's check-in after your lunch - It would be great if you could ask your friends the following questions:

1. When was the list first created?
2. Do they have the ability to show you the "Dashboard" on their email marketing platform (This is important to understand previous mailing dates, open rates, and click through rates).
3. Spam doesnt work anyway. Legit is the best way to go - I will show you how.

My previous JV last spring was with a combined email list of 1.2 million.

Keep me posted.

Erik
Post 10 • IP   flag post
@notyourmomscloset

I know her as a wholesome person.

But I also know things are not always what they say they are.

I'll know a bit more in a couple of hours.
Post 11 • IP   flag post
@Lenderman33

As Arnie (Terminator) would say, "I'll be back." Or, "I will surely get back to you" makes more sense.

Thanks for the tips on the questions.

What did you do with the 1.2 million? How'd that work out for you?
Post 12 • IP   flag post
Hi @Belew,

I will respond in a private message.
Post 13 • IP   flag post
Sorry to sound so salesy but I am SO enthusiastic about our super awesome social media dashboard and how it can benefit people with B2B contact lists that I couldn't help myself, so please forgive me.

We have over 2,000 resellers all over the English speaking world that have been selling our white labelled social media services (content and dashboard only) for the last 3 and a half years.

Previously we focused on being a content provider but we are launching our freemium social media dashboard which not only advertises other services that you are involved with (you create the ads) but also has the ability to generate a residual income for your company (you set the upgrade price).

Please take the time to look at our website to find out more. I am happy to talk to you over the phone or you can email me, my number is on the website. My name is Barbara Southwell and I am the Sales Manager. Sorry again but I do think that this will benefit anyone with real email lists.
Post 14 • IP   flag post
@Retortal

Hey Barbara,

We love enthusiasm. And no doubt someone/s will go take a look.

But can you share here ... a case study or two ... without naming names (unless they agree) on how someone has benefited from what you offer.

Don't just tell us it is good... show us with some real numbers.

Is that doable?
Post 15 • IP   flag post
Of course and I completely understand. I cannot name names but have some resellers sending out large number of emails this week to small business owners telling them about the newly launched freemium dashboard. As soon as I have the average signup rates from the freemium emails I'll come back and share them with you. I will also be able to share downtrack conversions from free user to pro. Just give me a few days for the first stats!
Post 16 • IP   flag post
@Retortal

Take your time...

but more than the results of the email ... I am interested in how Retortal can make my life better.

Can you share that? Not how you change people's lives, but how you HAVE changed their lives.
Post 17 • IP   flag post
29156 17 17
destitute