BillBelew.com
Belew SpeaksContent MarketingFocus

Which is Preferred Case Study or Testimonial1360

Forum Owner Belew private msg quote post Address this user
When you are checking someone out, where do you head first - to read case studies they have produced or testimonials from people they have done business with?

Which do you think speaks more to the credibility of a person -

1. People have nice things to say about them

2. They have produced evidence of the effectiveness of their work.

Which would you make more prominent on your web site's home page?

Or would you put something else there?
Post 1 • IP   flag post
Member notyourmomscloset private msg quote post Address this user
I do tend to look for reviews (both good and sometimes not so good). Depending on what it is, I have also looked for the BBB report wherever it's located. When it comes to "earn money online" kinds of things, I tend to bypass them altogether. However, I will look up a few depending on what I'm doing. I've been in that world of "making money overnight while I sleep" many years ago and know how it works. IF I ever looked into something like that again, I really don't trust testimonials/reviews or case studies on those.
Post 2 • IP   flag post
It's hard to manipulate caste studies I think.

Whereas, testimonials and reviews ... easy enough to falsify.
Post 3 • IP   flag post
Member bdaoust private msg quote post Address this user
I think a person should dig beyond the testimonials and case studies. Sort of a deeper dive into their reputation in a way.
Post 4 • IP   flag post
Member ArgoGroup private msg quote post Address this user
Testimonials Vs Case Studies? I guess it depends on what you are looking for. Case studies are great when you are looking for expert applied knowledge from which you can benefit. I read them often to find out what my competitors are doing and how they are doing it. Articles like that tell me this person or organization has done what they claim they do. However, well formatted testimonials, with photos and titles of the person giving the testimonial tell me the solutions provided in those case studies have produced satisfied customers. At the end of the day, that is what we are all looking for in our businesses -Satisfied returning customers.
Post 5 • IP   flag post
@ArgoGroup

I think you have hit on the formula.

Telling case studies of real customers is where it is at.

I used to tell stories of my clients until they (the client) asked me not to!

They were getting too many calls asking, "How'd Bill do that for you?" 8-)
Post 6 • IP   flag post
Member rcayeras private msg quote post Address this user
If details of why it's good are provided, it's good.
If the only statement is "it's good" . . . it isn't.
Post 7 • IP   flag post
Member KitK private msg quote post Address this user
Testimonials are easy to fake. The reason I am here in the forum is because of a certain case study Bill did. So for me, case studies work better.
Post 8 • IP   flag post
Member lunar_ranger private msg quote post Address this user
@KitK Agreed. I will look at a case study for the facts...and afterwards the testimonial for "the feelings". There needs to be the right balance of objective vs. subjective feedback. I am sure that changes dependent upon what it is and who the audience is.
Post 9 • IP   flag post
The testimonial should give the psychological reinforcement that individual needs to make close on a decision once the facts are weighed. Even the most logical people need some degree of reassurance.
Post 10 • IP   flag post
@lunar_ranger

You think a testimonial is more likely to reassure you than a case study?
Post 11 • IP   flag post
The emotional/experiential pull might be all that is needed when you have 6 in one hand and a half dozen in the other.
Post 12 • IP   flag post
29764 12 12
destitute