BillBelew.com
Content CreationImages

17 Best FREE Stock Photo Sites1391

Forum Owner Belew private msg quote post Address this user
Who doesn't need photos? Who doesn't like them even more when they are free?

Carly Stec at Hubspot gets 17 points for putting together this list of the 17 Best Free Stock photo sites.

I got this email earlier this week from one of the VIP 2015 class.
<snip>

I’m giving up on adding pictures to blogs. I can’t, not in any reasonable time frame. So it takes a long time.

<snip>

Searching for ones that are free takes more time.

This list may solve the problem for this writer.
Post 1 • IP   flag post
Member Rand_Strauss private msg quote post Address this user
Nope, it doesn't. Google images is good because one can search on phrases. Yes, maybe I could spend hours download photos or looking through them and writing down some phrases that go with them. But when I'm blogging about political and accountability, what pictures go with it? I don't remember pictures. Yes, maybe if I had a page of a thousand postage stamp-size images, I could keep my blog in mind and scroll through them looking for something appropriate. I don't have that kind of time. I just don't. Most of these sites advertise "high quality images" - that means they're large images and big files, neither of which helps. I tried downloading some compressed files and sorting through them and picking out some that might be useful. They haven't been useful yet...
Post 2 • IP   flag post
Forum Owner Belew private msg quote post Address this user
@Rand_Strauss

I reckon if it were easy, everyone would do it. You can find what works for you ... or leave the pics out. Your call.
Post 3 • IP   flag post
Member Genn133 private msg quote post Address this user
Bill,
This is excellent information.
Thank you Bill for sharing. Always on lookout for stock photos.
Post 4 • IP   flag post
Member Rand_Strauss private msg quote post Address this user
I tried again. I found a passable image in 14 minutes. I looked around for another 5 minutes for a better one, and gave up. I had to alter the text a bit to make it fit. 400 articles times 15 minutes, an extra 100 hours of work...

I searched around on more sites for an hour and finally found some decent images of people, http://offers.hubspot.com/free-stock-photos-business

Maybe I'll ask my son (an actor, http://josh.strausses.com/x/ ) to have someone take a bunch of pictures of him expressing different emotions...

Thanks,
-r
Post 5 • IP   flag post
Member tienny private msg quote post Address this user
Bill, thanks
Post 6 • IP   flag post
28242 6 6
destitute