BillBelew.com
FacebookSocial MediaTwitter

Why Am I Losing Social Referral Traffic?1405

Member edhouse private msg quote post Address this user
I would be very interested in @Steve's opinion on this particular buffersocial blog post: https://blog.bufferapp.com/lost-traffic

I enjoy how Buffer is sharing their current decline in social media referral traffic, given that their primary product offering is designed to increase social media engagement.

I am more interested in Steve's results in comparison to Buffer as it seems Steve has been sharing more success than failure with social media.

Thanks for your insights!!!
@edhouse
Post 1 • IP   flag post
Teacher SusanDay private msg quote post Address this user
I'm confused about the motives behind this article.
Post 2 • IP   flag post
Forum Owner Belew private msg quote post Address this user
@edhouse

Id like to hear what @Steve says too.

I bet I can solve this problem for them.

Do you work for/with them?
Post 3 • IP   flag post
I don't work for or with them, I just thought it was an interesting post and it made me think of Steve, so I thought I would ask his opinion.
Post 4 • IP   flag post
Forum Owner Belew private msg quote post Address this user
@edhouse Thanks.

@Steve is in Perth. And they sleep at funny times. What's up with that? 9-)
Post 5 • IP   flag post
Top Contributor Steve private msg quote post Address this user
Let’s look at what Buffer say …

They have a blog that used to attract a lot of traffic.

Over the last year they have lost half of their referrals from social media

They are jumping and changing to try and recover

They have no real social media strategy and I daresay no content marketing strategy.

Let me quickly look at Twitter … they don’t actively grow their account, they have almost zero engagement, which is true across all social media platforms… and most of what they are pushing out, isn’t of interest to their audience …

I could go on, but you get the idea … they had an audience and generated traffic because competition was low, now that competition is growing companies need to be on top of all aspects of this … otherwise they will lose their audience, as in this case.

It’s not actually that hard to reverse this, just takes lots of hard work and knowing what to do and I suspect they will do more of the same, hire someone that doesn’t know and will simply employ one strategy after another hoping to hit gold.
blog.bufferapp.com/lost-traffic
Post 6 • IP   flag post
Thanks Steve,

That is exactly the insight I was looking for! I appreciate the feedback.
Post 7 • IP   flag post
28672 7 7
destitute