BillBelew.com
Case StudySocial Media

2 CASE STUDIES - Social Network Fatigue1410

Forum Owner Belew private msg quote post Address this user
These two images are just snippets of a presentation I am giving at one of China's top universities next month.

No explanation here ... but you can see from these two screenshots two visual examples of Social Network Fatigue.

Social network fatigue is when you rely on your network long term to bring you traffic to your site.

One of these pics is Facebook ... a student of mine who tried to beat out her classmates for the most traffic.

The other is major multi-national corporation in China ... and their results from using WeChat. I have rare access to the analytics for this multinational... and I can provide an update when I return from China.

Draw your own conclusions.

Post 1 • IP   flag post
Member bdaoust private msg quote post Address this user
Very interesting!
Post 2 • IP   flag post
@bdaoust

It interests me that the same phenomenon exists on both sides of the big pond and in different networks.
Post 3 • IP   flag post
Teacher SusanDay private msg quote post Address this user
I certainly have social media fatigue. I'm so over it personally.
Post 4 • IP   flag post
@SusanDay

Social media sure wore me out ... until I figured out how to use it correctly ... to network... not to sell.
Post 5 • IP   flag post
Couldn't agree more. I worked that out years ago. I get tired of the constant rants and dribble from many users.
Post 6 • IP   flag post
@SusanDay

At one point I got sucked into getting 10,000 friends on Facebook...until I realized somewhere after a 1000+ that I didn't want to see updates from ppl I didn't know.

One day I started unfriending ppl I didn't know from Adam... and got it down to 200+. Now I actually enjoy using Facebook and hearing from people I know and care about. Go figure.
Post 7 • IP   flag post
Sounds like a sensible approach. I get added to groups without my permission. Drives me bonkers 😨
Post 8 • IP   flag post
@SusanDay

I get accused of being bonkers. It drives me to groups.
Post 9 • IP   flag post
Lol
Post 10 • IP   flag post
29378 10 10
destitute