BillBelew.com
Feedback

If You Only Have 500 Dollars....1437

KitK private msg quote post Address this user
If you only have 500 bucks to spend on an online business, on what and how would you spend it?
Post 1 • IP   flag post
LizG private msg quote post Address this user
Assuming you don't have anything set up, the website design and functionality itself.
Post 2 • IP   flag post
Tonyyakovlev private msg quote post Address this user
I'd spent it on an air ticket to some other country, where I could probably act like 'an expert from the US', and people would pay me just for listening my ideas. ))
Post 3 • IP   flag post
Belew private msg quote post Address this user
@Tonyyakovlev This is more true than it is funny ... or both.

@KitK

I'd spend $10 on a domain name and buy the cheapest hosting service I could get...and start blogging about the difference I can make in some niche.

You'll have $400 left over.

When you start getting traffic, we can think about spending the other $400 on a better design.
Post 4 • IP   flag post
jycmba private msg quote post Address this user
@Belew @Tonyyakovlev - I actually saw this a lot in the niche world of tango dancing.. once instructors went 'pro' they had to travel to teach workshops around the country and sometimes the world.

Event organizers would pay premium rates and, of course, more importantly the students.

Back at home they were "just another teacher.." and sometimes struggled to fill classes. What was even funnier was that sometimes I'd go to an event in another city and the teachers I knew from back home were the best ones there!

For more on my journey..
How Tango Taught Me to Find My Tribe and Start a Movement
Post 5 • IP   flag post
Tonyyakovlev private msg quote post Address this user
@belew I'm not trying to be funny. Just answering the question asked.
Post 6 • IP   flag post
@Tonyyakovlev

Not at all. I lived overseas in Asia for nearly 20 years.

Your advice is spot on.

You can get there for $500... staying is another problem, however.

So many kids popped up as 'experts.' For me, who had lived there, it was like playing whack a mole.
Post 7 • IP   flag post
@jycmba

Not surprised at all.

What's the adage... half of the battle is just showing up.

There is credit to be earned to for the guy/gal who will show up, get on a plane, make the effort.

Not everybody who goes overseas is a shyster. Some people get points for trying ... sharing what they know ... where and when they can.
Post 8 • IP   flag post
morrnel private msg quote post Address this user
A friend recently did a TED talk on the topic of junk families. His Jewish grandfather from Russia came to the USA started collecting rags using only a backpack and sold them to a recycler. He eventually became very successful.

A friend of his from southern China did the same collecting metals. Ten years later he is importing 50 containers of metal to the tune of $30k profit each.

@KitK, you don't even need a domain. Sell on Amazon or ebay. Doesn't matter the product. I sold caskets on ebay making over 100% profit.

ok, made my noise. I'm gone.
Post 9 • IP   flag post
@morrnel makes a great point.

My wife has an incredible knack. She can always buy low and sell high.
Post 10 • IP   flag post
27552 10 10
destitute