BillBelew.com
AdvertisingAnalyticsBelew SpeaksFacebook

Successful Paid Advertising Case Studies ...1438

Belew private msg quote post Address this user
We hear about Santa Claus. And the Easter Bunny. And smart blonde-haired blue-eyed guys (I am blonde, or used to be...) ...but we never really actually meet these characters.

I have heard of people who make money with paid ads on Facebook and doubleclick and ...

Today I met one of them. He opened up his dashboard and showed me ... actual names of real companies in multiple niches getting honest-to-goodness business from ... uh, er, I hate to admit it ... paid ads.

I knew it was possible. I just never met anybody who was actually doing it ... until today.

Better or worse yet? He wants to hire me as his spokesperson to represent their company at conferences throughout the nation.

They want to hire an organic guy to represent a paid advertising company.

Now what do I do?
Post 1 • IP   flag post
tienny private msg quote post Address this user
Better don't represent.
Post 2 • IP   flag post
LizG private msg quote post Address this user
Most of my clients are doing pretty well in Google Adwords, especially this month with Christmas and all. There are plenty of people out there doing a way better job than I am, lol.

Post 3 • IP   flag post
@LizG

What kind of work is it you do for your clients?
Post 4 • IP   flag post
LizG private msg quote post Address this user
Search engine marketing, primarily Google AdWords and Bing, but also market place management and content writing.
Post 5 • IP   flag post
dmortaz private msg quote post Address this user
Bill, take the Facebook gig if it allows you to learn about the platform. FB has very interesting plans to go after "publishing" side as well now that they have done a great job on the mobile ad platform.
Post 6 • IP   flag post
larson88 private msg quote post Address this user
Hi! I promote my products in Facebook page, I needed to buy at first my likes, and followers, but after that people start liking page. I bought likes from site likesrank.com
Post 7 • IP   flag post
@larson88

Besides Likes...are you able to do business in Facebook?
Post 8 • IP   flag post
Steve private msg quote post Address this user
@larson88 I'm assuming your post was placed to have an active link.

Would love to know how purchased likes actually benefit a business...

Its not as if they are going to purchase anything from you and my understanding is that it could reduce your reach to real follows... not even mentioning the ethics behind it.
Post 9 • IP   flag post
globalman22 private msg quote post Address this user
@belew I can see why the paid ads guy would ask you to represent at conferences around the country.

He knows you are an organic leads guy and he sees the value of having someone that does your kind of content marketing as a representative for what he has to offer his clients.

Organic / content marketing has enormous benefits when properly implemented.

However, One of the benefits of the paid ad over the organic process is the scalability of paid ads.

Spend some money, find ads that work when well placed, and use the revenue generated to purchase a larger ad buy. You could place 2x or 10x the number of ads overnight.

The organic content marketer will have trouble hitting that kind of scale because it is difficult to write 2x or 10x the number of articles or posts and have them viewed by a targeted audience of prospective customers.

By asking you to represent their products, he may have been hoping to draw some authenticity to the discussion about how his "paid ad product" compares to the time-honored tradition of content marketing.

Did you take the job?
Post 10 • IP   flag post
We tried hard to find a way to work together but it didn't happen.

There wasn't a fair trade off IMHO.

If I could pay and get the results I wanted, I will also pay ... it's easier than trying for long-term organic results.

The problem with paying is that you have no residual performance.

When you stop paying, you stop seeing results.

The problem with organic is that the rules keep changing.....
Post 11 • IP   flag post
globalman22 private msg quote post Address this user
This spells out a good case for making sure that your content marketing efforts are spent pouring your heart into something you care about and believe in.

First develop a content-rich site with good in-bound and out-bound links, and then combine some paid ads (placed on similar niche sites that would have an interest in your topic) to attract eyeballs to your message.

The whole reason for paying to attract traffic would be to accelerate the rate of growth of your business or idea.

Hopefully the site strategy is such that the eyeballs will help to monetize the project in a profitable way.
Post 12 • IP   flag post
26121 12 12
destitute