BillBelew.com
Belew SpeaksInspiration

Do You Have an Original Idea?1443

Belew private msg quote post Address this user
I just finished reading Peter Thiel's book From Zero to One.

It's about going from nothing to something...creating something so dramatically different. Having an original idea and making it work.

I have never had a billion dollar idea nor a million dollar one.

But I can say that many if not most, but certainly not all, of my ideas are original to me.

Not by choice I have spent my life mentorless. I lived in Japan in an area where a foreigner never had. I did many things there with no precedent to work from. Of course I made many mistakes.

But much of what I did was because a thought had come into my head...not from reading but from thinking. Books in English were hard to come by and very expensive at the time.

I can claim to have thought and done many things on my own initiative.

How about you? What original idea/s have you had?

Wanna share?
Post 1 • IP   flag post
Tonyyakovlev private msg quote post Address this user
@belew I have an idea that could be a billion dollar one. I'm working on it. It's still in stealth mode, I'm doing some experiments to be sure it works.
Post 2 • IP   flag post
Steve private msg quote post Address this user
I've had loads of ideas... I once raised over 5 million dollars from venture capitalists to fund an Internet start up company... the problem was it was just before the dot com crash ... if that had come a few months later I would have been flying high already...

Ideas are easy, it's the implementation I have found that sets them apart.
Post 3 • IP   flag post
tienny private msg quote post Address this user
@Steve I agree on the implementation of the ideas that sets it apart.
Post 4 • IP   flag post
@Tonyyakovlev

You certainly have me intrigued.
Post 5 • IP   flag post
@Steve

What was the idea?
Post 6 • IP   flag post
bdaoust private msg quote post Address this user
I have tons of ideas and if I do not act quickly, I find someone else has thought of the same thing and is already doing something about it.

My ideas always take a lot of work to figure out if there is money in it. Once I get there, I add yet another project to my plate.

Ah, the life of the entrepreneur.
Post 7 • IP   flag post
jycmba private msg quote post Address this user
@Belew - they say it's better to be lucky than to be good.. I play poker because I can choose situations where the odds are in my favor.

I think even more important than original is authentic. Trying to be original is trying to be one in a million.

Being authentic you're already one in a million!
Post 8 • IP   flag post
@jycmba

Love the idea of being authentic.
There are now classes on how to be genuine. Huh?
Post 9 • IP   flag post
jycmba private msg quote post Address this user
@Belew - yup, just sign up for my 7 day course so I can upsell into a membership program with others trying to be themselves.
Post 10 • IP   flag post
27551 10 10
destitute