BillBelew.com
Social MediaTwitter

Are you concerned with Twitter Likes?1448

bdaoust private msg quote post Address this user
The new heart on Twitter has certainly caused a bit of a stir with some people but did you know you can gain a lot of recognition with it just because it shows up as the number of Likes on your Twitter page?

I have 6 so far, so I guess I have a lot of work to do to get that number up.

Where do you stand? @Belew I see you have 372 as of this morning.
Post 1 • IP   flag post
SusanDay private msg quote post Address this user
Does it have more influence than the like option?
Post 2 • IP   flag post
Belew private msg quote post Address this user
@bdaoust

I guess I am not too concerned as I don't know what it is you are talking about.

What should I be looking at?

@Steve will have some insight....he has almost 17K!
Post 3 • IP   flag post
There should be an 'idiot' button, too.

There's probably a better button type, but I don't know what it is.

It doesn't matter to me if people like me or not, though I prefer they do. What you don't want is for people to be indifferent to you.

How about a, can-somebody-convince-me-this-guy-doesn't-know-what-he-is-talking-about button?
Post 4 • IP   flag post
Steve private msg quote post Address this user
The heart or favorite as it was, is what people click to bookmark a tweet for later reading ... so it shows that people value your content enough to want to read it later.
Post 5 • IP   flag post
@Steve @Belew

So how many of your tweets are a favorite? Can you push towards getting more favorites by tweeting stuff of value?
Post 6 • IP   flag post
Likes should not be your goal. DMs should be... I think.

You want to engage with people on a personal level. Thumbs up, down and elsewise are just clicks. They measure smth...but the end game is real engagement with a person one on one.

@Steve?
Post 7 • IP   flag post
SusanDay private msg quote post Address this user
People tend to like tweets with pics that engage with them - puppies, kittens and landscapes. I'm a little skeptical if they even tead the content that much.
Post 8 • IP   flag post
Steve private msg quote post Address this user
@Belew DM's ... Driving people to your website is your main aim, DM's get lost in the clutter... people to your website... stay around and buy.
Post 9 • IP   flag post
@Steve

That's what I do with my DMs. Every now and then I will get asked a direct question. My ass't will catch it. And I will answer back.

Elsewise I am inviting people here to have a more in depth conversation. ... for them to meet you and the others here...to give something.

Sending them to my home site might be better business but I'd rather see what good I can do here for now.
Post 10 • IP   flag post
@Belew @Steve

It is not that people like you, it is that you have chosen a few comments or posts to "like"

If you "like" a post to look at it later, will that increase your DMs?

I guess it is a matter of perspective. I look through the tweets and only "like" those that I can go back to and make a comment or two.
Post 11 • IP   flag post
26902 11 11
destitute