BillBelew.com
Content MarketingmarketingSocial Media

What have you been doing with Blab?1464

bdaoust private msg quote post Address this user
@Rev, I know you have experienced the use of Blab in your endeavors and would like to know if you find it useful. I can see big potential for marketing..anyone else?
Post 1 • IP   flag post
SusanDay private msg quote post Address this user
Never heard of it!
Post 2 • IP   flag post
Lenderman33 private msg quote post Address this user
What is Blab?
Post 3 • IP   flag post
@SusanDay Blab is a place where you can hold a video meeting with four others and have anyone that subscribes to the event can listen in. check out http://blab.im

Blab is better than periscope as it is interactive and you can join any conversation.
Post 4 • IP   flag post
I just checked in with Blab and looked at the scheduled blabs. Here you can subscribe and listen in. The topics are varied so you need to search through.

A real chance to watch a meeting live and learn at the same time.
Post 5 • IP   flag post
jycmba private msg quote post Address this user
I'm using it to test ideas and grow an audience.

https://blab.im/jycmba

We're essentially doing two key efforts - 1) to show what masterminds can offer (see & try for free model)

2) to connect with our audience through interviews (make your customers the heroes model)

For content marketing it's fantastic - from one session you can produce a YouTube ready video, PLUS reformat into MP3 for podcasts or other audio distribution
Post 6 • IP   flag post
personalrevolution private msg quote post Address this user
Thank you for the info about Blab. I need a way to have online meetings with multiple clients. Online interactive workshops for victims of post traumatic stress. This could make my work have an exponential effect. This is a solution I've been looking for. Thank you.
Post 7 • IP   flag post
Rev private msg quote post Address this user
I am active on Blab. I have regularly scheduled blabs on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday at 1:00 p.m. eastern U.S. time, and again Friday at 7:30 p.m eastern.

I am just about to go into my Monday blab (20 minutes). The replay will be automatically posted there if you miss the live session.
Post 8 • IP   flag post
I heard an interesting description of Periscope vs. Blab.

Periscope is a little like a soap box (you deliver your speech) or a home movie camera (you record what you are viewing).

Blab is like a coffee shop. You (and optionally one to three friends) come in and sit at a table and discuss something over coffee. One or more friends may have other engagements and need to leave before you do. Other friends, or even strangers, come into the shop, see you there and/or over-hear your conversation and ask if they can join you. Some just stand around and listen/watch your conversation without interacting.

Periscope is about you -- what you have to say, and your perspective or view.

Blab is about conversation, community, engagement, networking.
Post 9 • IP   flag post
@personalrevolution

Have a look at Zoom for what you want. And check out Network Live Virtually if you want an organized platform for networking.
Post 10 • IP   flag post
SusanDay private msg quote post Address this user
I'm just listening @Rev
Great session!

I have tried to follow you but I couldn't find out how. Is there a special 'magic' button I'm missing?
Post 11 • IP   flag post
@SusanDay - Blab is still in Beta, but most of the Twitter-like functionality should be there for following and such.

I've been meaning to write a bit about it, but here's a good Blab tutorial.
Post 12 • IP   flag post
personalrevolution private msg quote post Address this user
Thank you Rev. I'm trying to provide help for combat veterans. I've worked as a Native Community Worker helping people to heal from emotional wounds. It's time to apply that experience to reduce the number of veteran suicides. Thank you and have a great day.
Post 13 • IP   flag post
@personalrevolution - that's such an important mission. As you can imagine, several of my friends are working on parallel tracks.

I'd be glad to help out however I can. You can PM me or we can set up a call to talk about this.
Post 14 • IP   flag post
Belew private msg quote post Address this user
I wonder out loud here... how many different platforms can someone participate in/on and still be effective?
Post 15 • IP   flag post
@Belew - that's why I talk so much about a platform like IFTTT or Buffer. These provide ways to re-share across social media. To me a platform is how you can reach your audience. At the rate that technology continues to change it's more about your ability to adapt than any one media.
Post 16 • IP   flag post
@jycmba

But at the heart of being effective in Social is interaction, no? Not just activity.

I can IFTTT things all over the place, but if I am not there to engage, then what? Was it worth it after all?
Post 17 • IP   flag post
@Belew - no, you're right. There's some key advantages to asynchronous connection.

..but it's also why I've gone all-in on Blab. Real-time online chat is the next best thing to being there IMHO.

All the other bread crumbs lead to that. Can it all go away tomorrow?

Sure, but people will just find me on another platform where they can talk directly and ask questions.

More importantly in the end it won't be about me. It's about my message of creative entrepreneurship being a path to self-discovery and what you're meant to share with the world.
Post 18 • IP   flag post
@Belew Perhaps it is that some technologies fall away to be replaced by new ones. My limit is three for now and if I use Blab I will drop something else that is fading for ROI.

Things will always change, and I am the first to jump on board to test new stuff out. If I like it, I change my tactics not my strategy.
Post 19 • IP   flag post
@bdaoust

Perhaps you could give us a glimpse into that overall strategy of yours.
Post 20 • IP   flag post
@Belew Of course I will share, maybe another webinar or another thread?
Post 21 • IP   flag post
@bdaoust

New thread?
Post 22 • IP   flag post
Here's a recent example how I took one interview on Blab -
http://bit.ly/redpaperclip-blab

..and uploaded it directly to YouTube
https://youtu.be/XB6njMFvGqQ

..and created a podcast -
https://soundcloud.com/jycmba/creative-entrepreneur-kyle-macdonald-of-one-red-paper-clip

Plus, of course, an easy blog post -
http://bushpilotmarketing.com/indie-creative-kyle-macdonald-of-one-red-paper-clip/

So no matter what your cause or message, it's a great way to create different types of content to share with your audience.
Post 23 • IP   flag post
@jycmba

Awesome! Re-purposing is powerful in any instance but Blab just makes it all that much more do-able. "But," some might say, "that looks like a lot of work!" Can you comment on the process, skill set, and time it took to do all that?

My new book on using Blab will be in the WizardsPlace store (http://wizardsplace.com/) hopefully by end of business today.
Post 24 • IP   flag post
@Rev

Can I get a copy of the book before noon PT tomorrow? I need something to read while on a 15-hour plane ride. 8-)
Post 25 • IP   flag post
@Belew

The book arrived this afternoon. Find it HERE

It's only about 50 pages, though. Probably about 15 minutes or so. You might want to take War & Peace with you as well.
Post 26 • IP   flag post
@Rev

I tried. When clicking on Checkout...goes nowhere.
Post 27 • IP   flag post
@Rev - both YouTube and the blog post takes however long it takes you to write the copy. Of course, since the interview provides the source material, it's more transcription and adding links than anything else.

Creating a podcast has a bit of a learning curve. I'm pretty familiar with Audacity from my tango DJ days. So, when I create the video, it'll cover an overview then probably more detail on that.

After you make your intro / outro and commercial break, it's reusable so the next time the process goes faster. YouTube actually has a library of royalty free music that's awesome!
Post 28 • IP   flag post
@Belew

Well, that's bad form. Sorry about the inconvenience. It should be working now. Same link.
Post 29 • IP   flag post
@jycmba

Awesome! Thanks for sharing. I'm looking forward to seeing more of your Blabs. I hope to be able to drop by and watch a few live, too!
Post 30 • IP   flag post
26802 30 30
destitute