BillBelew.com
BrainstormingBusiness AdviceContent CreationContent MarketingFocus

How to Attract 1000 Real Fans - Live Chat1474

Member jycmba private msg quote post Address this user
Later today a few of us are going to share what it takes to create content that attracts your 1000 True Fans.

Would love to have some Forum members share their own experiences and knowledge.

Our goal with these #IndieCreative masterminds is for you to walk away each week with one key action to uplevel your business.
Post 1 • IP   flag post
Forum Owner Belew private msg quote post Address this user
@jycmba

I didn't get back home fast enough for this. I look forward to seeing the replay.
Post 2 • IP   flag post
I have been asked to lead a webinar on WeChat.

Speaking of big numbers... there are some serious numbers on WeChat, abt WeChat and people who think they can make a killing with WeChat.

Still...real engagement, honest to goodness substance and dare we say... acquiring 1000 real fans is where it's all at.

It's not abt big numbers, but rather a high quality of real numbers.

How to get those 1000 ... that's a challenge.
Post 3 • IP   flag post
My friend in Shanghai who ran an equestrian site was also talking about WeChat. What might we do from here as foreigners on that platform?
Post 4 • IP   flag post
@jycmba

That's a great question - what might we do on WeChat from where we sit outside of China.

We have a webinar planned this week - a university in China and I - to discuss that topic.

I have been out of the loop and am trying to reconnect those dots as I type this.

The time difference is the killer in coordination. As soon as I figure things out, I will post them here for you and others who are interested in marketing to China.
Post 5 • IP   flag post
@Belew - sounds like a plan.

He says that there continues to be a lot of growth and everyone trying to "get a piece of it." (which echoes Gold Rush / Dot Com mentality)

Some hot topics continue to be Alibaba clones and internet currency, he says.
Post 6 • IP   flag post
@jycmba

Wherever there are big numbers, ppl want to get a piece of them.

But the strategy is the same. Deliver something worth paying for and people will pay for it.
Post 7 • IP   flag post
Member PhotosByAnthony private msg quote post Address this user
I worked and lived in China for two years and have WeChat as a social media app. You would be surprised at the amount of foreigners that use it. I usually post in my moments after a shoot (photography) but mainly for my contacts. I now live in Thailand and use it often due to the Chinese population here.
I really hope you guys crack it.
Post 8 • IP   flag post
@PhotosByAnthony

I use wechat. My last trip to teach in Shanghai was booked and confirmed via wechat.
Post 9 • IP   flag post
If I could get 1 real fan next year. Then the 2 of us could multiply the following year. ..

2 4 8 16 32 64 128 256 512 1024...it would take 10 years.

Problem is most folk want that 1000 too soon and don't bother to start...or do it right.
Post 10 • IP   flag post
29726 10 10
destitute