BillBelew.com
Belew SpeaksCareer AdviceFocus

Shortlisted for Stepping Outside Comfort Zone1486

Belew private msg quote post Address this user
I didn't see this coming.

My daughter's teacher got sick. And it may be a while till she gets better IF she gets better.

The small private school she attends can't find a long-term subsitute.

It may be me. I have taught many many years. I even taught elementary school
a long time ago.

The experience is not unfamiliar just far removed.

Me and 16 2nd graders. Hmmm...

When was the last time you were way outside your comfort zone?
Post 1 • IP   flag post
Steve private msg quote post Address this user
How awesome is that ... sometimes the best things happen to us when we step outside of our comfort zones.

As to my comfort zone, I tend to live outside of mine ... I love to push boundaries and make people think (especially myself) ... so I tend to walk my own path.
Post 2 • IP   flag post
tienny private msg quote post Address this user
I'm outside my comfort zones.
Post 3 • IP   flag post
There's a very small Asian church in the area that has asked me to come weekly to teach for them. More steps outside of my comfort zone.

How abt you? When are you outside of your comfort zone?
Post 4 • IP   flag post
PhotosByAnthony private msg quote post Address this user
@Steve

I would have to agree with you Steve, I love pushing and testing my boundaries. I have been teaching in Asia for four years now. Apart from teaching English I also taught science, bio diversity to international students in Thai rain forests. I taught jungle survival in the mountains of Thailand to cooperate groups. Before I came to Asia I was an arborist in Sweden working for the railways which meant I had to climb the trees overhanging the electric cables overhanging the tracks that we're live. I thrive outside my comfort zone, if I had one.
Post 5 • IP   flag post
PhotosByAnthony private msg quote post Address this user
@Belew

As for my boundaries now Bill, here's one for you... http://anthonybennett.defrozo.com/5-things-i-like-about-being-a-child-portrait-photographer/
Post 6 • IP   flag post
@PhotosByAnthony

Love it. I was in Thailand a couple of years ago speaking at a conference. Maybe I'll try to revive that at some point. I think it'd be interesting to meet up with you.

I am comfortable outside of my comfort zone.

I lived on the back side of Japan for nearly 20 years. 100% of what I did there was done for the first time. The city officials literally wrote the book on how to handle foreigners whenever I went to the city office....and much like that.
Post 7 • IP   flag post
morrnel private msg quote post Address this user
Comfort zone is relative. Listen to George Takei talk about life before, in and after an internment camp as a child. Living in the internment camp was no big deal for a child. When he and his family returned to California afterward, life was so unbearable, they wanted to go "home" back to the internment camp. His Ted Talk about the experience.
Post 8 • IP   flag post
27512 8 8
destitute